rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

Great fit! I’m a 33 and also glad that FW does in fact run true to size and has a bit of stretch. 

My 51s which I've abused. Washed them way too much. The next pair will be sized down one and washed once a month tops. Still being patient with the jacket, so hope remains. 

Nothing looks like FW's in the light (even though this is overexposed ^_^

Cheers

20210114_140713.jpg

I’d been eying the 1927 type 1 for a while, liking the features and also conscious of wearing a 40s type 1 with 20s jeans :dry:

So I treated myself for being a good boy and this landed after NY

The features have been documented already so I won’t repeat…

Only noting the armholes and sleeves are noticeably bigger (an inch) and the jacket’s boxier compared to my CSF 1946 Type 1… the extra space allows for layers… so yeah the jacket gets a thumbs up from me, really like it

# 0 FW 1927.jpg

# 1 FW 1927.jpg

# 2 FW 1927.jpg

7 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

I’d been eying the 1927 type 1 for a while, liking the features and also conscious of wearing a 40s type 1 with 20s jeans :dry:

Finally! You’ll now be able defy those sartorial critics and hold your head high on the streets of Pudsey.

^ cheers and ^^ ha ha I'm ready for 'em!  They better not say nowt or I might have to wear sticky labels :P

On that note, it arrived without any of the family noticing (what’s one postal delivery out of a steady stream?! Lockdown has been eye opening).  My house uniform is a tux so I just started wearing it.  No one said a word.  Not a word.

So a few days later, I stood there in new jacket and asked ‘notice anything different?’.  They said you’ve had a shave (I had).  Anything else.  You’ve been spending less time on that denim website (true, my daughter had reprimanded me over Xmas).  Anything else.  Nope.  What about the jacket?  Oh that… we thought it was one you hadn’t worn for a while. But what about the giveaway curved pocket flap, smaller buttons and voluminous sleeves? Nope.  I despair of them.

Edited by MJF9
remove space

5 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

@MJF9 meh ...

But but I thought you liked the '27 Duke... and I can't send it back now as it's had a wash :P

Edited by MJF9

38 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

^ cheers and ^^ ha ha I'm ready for 'em!  They better not say nowt or I might have to wear sticky labels :P

On that note, it arrived without any of the family noticing (what’s one postal delivery out of a steady stream?! Lockdown has been eye opening).  My house uniform is a tux so I just started wearing it.  No one said a word.  Not a word.

So a few days later, I stood there in new tux and asked ‘notice anything different?’.  They said you’ve had a shave (I had).  Anything else.  You’ve been spending less time on that denim website (true, my daughter had reprimanded me over Xmas).  Anything else.  Nope.  What about the jacket?  Oh that… we thought it was one you hadn’t worn for a while. But what about the giveaway curved pocket flap, smaller buttons and voluminous sleeves? Nope.  I despair of them.

Some folk just don’t get it (my good lady is the same) - looking forward to fit pics, comparisons to others (details, measurements etc) ... please?

35 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

But but I thought you liked the '27 Duke...

I do

:laugh2:

Edited by Duke Mantee

@MJF9 that jacket is a thing of beauty! Probably my size too (?)

I think after much consideration, that era type one is definately my favourite. 

That rounded stitching l could just nerd out on all day long.

ok... a few measurements to compare the FW 1927 with my well worn (and much loved) CSF 1946... will draw up some amateur comparisons soon Duke

(there will be little under and overs in my measurements but you'll get the picture)

FW 1927 v CSF 1946.JPG

Edited by MJF9

16 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

ok... a few measurements to compare the FW 1927 with my well worn (and much loved) CSF 1946... will draw up some amateur comparisons soon Duke

(there will be little under and overs in my measurements but you'll get the picture)

Perfect!

The sleeve dimensions are one of the most important areas in earlier Type I design - this shows it well

I talked with Hoosier and he said the new WWII Type 1 will be $420 plus shipping   
really was holding out for one, but my budget for clothes it getting smaller. I may be better off grabbing one of the current models. 

Neal indigo x white small check, 78% cotton, 22% linen. Just arrived from Corlection. Lovely fabric & fits me right. Too bad about that collar tab...

0E3EE5C9-B7AB-4C36-BAFA-AA3671DBDED3.jpeg

9A7A68FE-B25C-4254-B27B-A7596197E3DA.jpeg

Plenty easy to snip the tab of yourself if you’ve got an issue with it…