Jump to content
rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

Recommended Posts

^Cheers, but no diamond stitch and not rainbow stitched like my old Bootleggers contest pair? Are they an older model of 47's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

^Cheers, but no diamond stitch and not rainbow stitched like my old Bootleggers contest pair? Are they an older model of 47's?

Yes these are the originals - you have a pair of ‘specials’

TBH I think these are the best levi-esque arcs on any jeans anywhere - I love the shape and how the arcs splay slightly, perfect balance. Only the lightning bolts top them but they’re unique for their own reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

801Lt1j.jpg9PickVX.jpgthe 1943s i won from eBay for $100. Great fit. Prolly need a hem at some point but I’ll cuff for now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, this is nice... 

DOUBLEFACE3-TONESWEATPARKA_1_750x.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll not post this in the WAYWT thread - there might be more sensitive souls perusing. Anyway, the Duchess used to be an amateur boxer but now she’s deemed too old to fight, and then with the pandemic ‘rules’ closing gyms and whatnot she can’t even get to train ... until one of the coaches had the brilliant idea of setting up an outdoor ‘gym’ down in Victoria Park (in the area i highlighted) - perfect

F286DCE6-F138-40A3-A81F-85BE766CA56F.jpeg
 

so we go down and get shown up by the kids. Here I am well fucked after those stairs :sad:

 

gym wear.jpg
 

And yes I even wear FW when I’m breathing out my arse ...

FW Cotton Watch Cap, PowerWear Cut-off Hood Sweatshirt, PowerWear Heavyweight Tee, PowerWear Sweatpants, Ultima Thule Barlow Socks, Hoka One One Rincon

Edited by Duke Mantee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You look the part anyway

 love that sweat and the angle of the pockets . think ive seen vintage Utica sweats with the same angle on the separate pocket style 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lee porter said:

Brilliant training with style 

It’s not style, it’s functionality and warmth ... it’s bloody freezing that close to the North Sea :laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flash said:

You look the part anyway

 love that sweat and the angle of the pockets . think ive seen vintage Utica sweats with the same angle on the separate pocket style 

Cheers mate. It’s definitely based on old designs - the only thing I didn’t like about the sweat was FW had attached a hood and then cut it off (well more likely they sewed a piece of fabric to make it look like that) - but it looked gash, so I just unpicked it from the collar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Cheers mate. It’s definitely based on old designs - the only thing I didn’t like about the sweat was FW had attached a hood and then cut it off (well more likely they sewed a piece of fabric to make it look like that) - but it looked gash, so I just unpicked it from the collar

That is a bit strange , I'm sure you've seen vintage afterhoods with the hood cut but it's a bit like a pair of distressed jeans to intentionally design it that way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Flash said:

That is a bit strange , I'm sure you've seen vintage afterhoods with the hood cut but it's a bit like a pair of distressed jeans to intentionally design it that way 

Exactly ... dumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Style and functionality I do a boxing gym thing normally on a Sunday morning I’m falling apart though bad back tennis elbow and Plantar fasciitis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Mr Balboa right there ;)

Like I said about Bandit - another pussy ... :dry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Duke Mantee great outdoor gym... Junior and I do interval training up a very similar hill... though, because the grass has been too boggy lately, we changed to the steps in the park... it's 100m up and we do it every Monday 7.15am start before school... so you start the week on your toes <thumbs-up emoji>

What's the FW codes for that there Rocky garb?  Just when I thought I'd (nearly) run out of reasons to buy stuff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@Duke Mantee great outdoor gym... Junior and I do interval training up a very similar hill... though, because the grass has been too boggy lately, we changed to the steps in the park... it's 100m up and we do it every Monday 7.15am start before school... so you start the week on your toes <thumbs-up emoji>

What's the FW codes for that there Rocky garb?  Just when I thought I'd (nearly) run out of reasons to buy stuff...

It’s a good thing ... I’m just getting too old. The location is great though with the stairs, a big flat piece of tarmac and loads of grass area - great bit of lateral thinking.

Catalogue numbers are:

Sweatshirt #1534011

Sweatpants #1534013

T-shirt #1415001

Socks #2027004

so you can see the gear (except socks) is 5-6 years old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For when you're a little cold:

Sweat parka # 2034005 - 25,850JPY

20201129_56ec9f.jpg

For when you're very cold (see how the fleece is double layer):

Sweat Parka #2034003 - 39,600JPY

20201120_ee56ce.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that comment about mannequin shots being tantamount to flat lays may have come off as harsh, but it was all in good fun—I didn’t mean to push you over the edge to Instagramness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one am relieved the Duke isn’t wearing that outfit, at least in its current state of undress. Great to see a pocket bag, less so a ball bag...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Looks more like you wearing it ...

I don’t have that much depth to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone shed some light on the obsession with WWII denim/details? 
it just does nothing for me. 
less cool details and things to get excited about but still pay high end FW pricing? 
An easy pass for me 

Edited by shredwin_206

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it tells a story of the time in which it was made , all the metal and cotton restrictions in place for the war effort . 

I love the feeling I get when wearing a s501xx repro , to me it's the last time the 501xx was a piece of workwear ... suppose that the dude ranch era was the start of the transition into "fashion" but for me the the end was the introduction of the 47 model 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Can anyone shed some light on the obsession with WWII denim/details? 
it just does nothing for me. 
less cool details and things to get excited about but still pay high end FW pricing? 
An easy pass for me 

As Flash has pointed out, it has more to do with the unique period in which the originals were made. 

During the war, the rapid introduction of 3 new factories in 3 years combined with dozens of new  trainee machine operators, made for some interesting mix of details and 'mistakes' which the Japanese vintage denim heads have worshipped for years.

I think the fact that the original garments' prices have skyrocketed recently just helps boost their appeal further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside, I prefer the aesthetic of denim jackets with 4 buttons, instead of 5. I also love the laurel wreath buttons dearly.

I do think the wonky stitching ordeal, when mass-produced to be identically wonky, is vain and crass even. 

That said, the shade of blue achieved (usually) on the ww2 denim, across all the brands that do it, always seems to have a beautiful muted blue hue that I also love. 

To each their own I say! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now