rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

38 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Are the bootleggers 213 and FW 1951 2nd gen different denim than the rest or have they just been washed and worn more than the others? 
those two are my fav. Beautiful shade of indigo to them. 

The 213 is well worn, although I tend not to wear denim jackets all that much, but the 51 is quite a different colour - same with the jeans. FW use the same denim (albeit it’s an iterative process for them) but the dyeing is the thing that varies most.

(Plus I was getting some weird colour cast so I’ve had to manually rectify that and it seems to have exaggerated the difference)

Edited by Duke Mantee

That model was first issued 4 years ago - I’ve got the plain version (for sale)

Edited by Duke Mantee

Pair of 43s and 47s on eBay. I am not the seller but thought I’d pass along the info. 

Duke, do you know how many color combos the Pacific Crest Highway leather jacket was released in?

Edited by the shivman

24 minutes ago, the shivman said:

Duke, do you know how many color combos the Pacific Crest Highway leather jacket was released in?

Not sure Nate - probably a good half dozen, possibly more ...

I know there’s mine; a brown body x black sleeve; a green with black pocket trim and khaki knit; an ivory with black trim; the inverse of the previous - black with ivory trim and I’m sure there’s more.

It’s early in my FW life and I’m not in possession of the bootleggers spec sheets

Thanks Duke, that's more info than I was able to find on it. Yours is the only one I can find photos of anywhere online. Do you know if they were all made with goatskin?

26 minutes ago, the shivman said:

Thanks Duke, that's more info than I was able to find on it. Yours is the only one I can find photos of anywhere online. Do you know if they were all made with goatskin?

Yep - all goatskin

610B4890-8C49-4B18-9550-4AD04EA2E6CB.jpeg

F7039AEC-E64A-40DC-B21E-3DAA2D5E6D43.jpeg

3B66AD30-262F-4AAC-8711-5DECB8322784.jpeg

90E77A8D-A7BE-4D89-86E2-E855A940393B.jpeg

Well just won a lightly worn pair of 43s for $100! 
since my lovely 47s that my mother put arcs on seem to have vanished thanks to fedex :( 

11 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

since my lovely 47s that my mother put arcs on seem to have vanished thanks to fedex :( 

But I did promise to replace your 47s - my responsibility as the sender - so all you’ll lose is the arcs

18 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Kudos @shredwin_206. I had my eye on the 47s, which dramatically shot up in price during the closing moments. 

5 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

But I did promise to replace your 47s - my responsibility as the sender - so all you’ll lose is the arcs

You’re Incredible Duke! I appreciate all the leg work you’ve done trying to locate them. if you ever find yourself in Seattle first couple rounds are on me

So, I'm puzzled by the new Faulkner 3-piece suit. It looks great, and it looks like no shortcut was taken, as usual for FW. However, the fabric is translated as "mix tweed". Is it not pure wool? I'm confused...

http://freewheelers.co.jp/blog/archives/25011

Edited by JDelage

My guess is that is referring to the colors in the tweed which are usually a mix of several colors, not a mix of materials. I have several pairs of Harris Tweed trousers and they all have at least 3-4 colors in each fabric.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

It’s good to have friends looking out for you ...

0C1ABE21-C9FD-49FF-A44D-2CEB0B352AC5.jpeg

Not often NOS Bootleggers appears on the scene

:tongue::wink:

Edited by Duke Mantee

Whoops. Sufu glitch. Belongs in the metamusic thread. Will leave here for Duke. 

48 minutes ago, Broark said:

Nice...

Even better when they cost ¥merrychristmas :blush2: 

Edited by Duke Mantee

14 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Even better when they cost ¥merrychristmas :blush2: 

If your friend happens to come across a 36 let me know. :D

39 minutes ago, Broark said:

If your friend happens to come across a 36 let me know. :D

He’ll probably let you know when you buy all those FW shirts ... :wink:

Just now, Duke Mantee said:

He’ll probably let you know when you buy all those FW shirts ... :wink:

Well played. :D I haven't forgotten, just not really prioritizing shirts right this second.
I'm working from home and not really going anywhere so...I do still want to order a few. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Broark said:

Well played. :D I haven't forgotten, just not really prioritizing shirts right this second.
I'm working from home and not really going anywhere so...I do still want to order a few. :ph34r:

I’m only joking - he’s a good guy, and you’ll get well treated whatever you decide on and whenever you want it. It’s been a shitty old year as it’s turned out

12 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

I’m only joking - he’s a good guy, and you’ll get well treated whatever you decide on and whenever you want it. It’s been a shitty old year as it’s turned out

Shitty year no doubt, once we get EMS back on track I'll be reaching out for a few things.
Just seems silly to buy several shirts right now, all I wear right now is t-shirts since I don't really have to be presentable...

With COVID peaking in the US, I don't think we'll get EMS back any time soon...

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Shitty year no doubt, once we get EMS back on track I'll be reaching out for a few things.
Just seems silly to buy several shirts right now, all I wear right now is t-shirts since I don't really have to be presentable...

Common sense :happy:

48 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Which model are they btw?

47s