rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

No use for anything so warm here, but this is a very nice jacket.
The color combination between the outer shell, collar and cuff/hem lining is perfect.
14ecf170.jpg
4c4abbd0.jpg
6e02c420.jpg
9b5abb18.jpg

On 10/23/2020 at 10:01 PM, Duke Mantee said:

One of the best colours FW have used in a shirt

Yes, it's an amazing colour and also the fabric is special and the whole shirt is great, it embodies the best of Freewheelers in my opinion.

What color is this? I think it's a Brakeman coat? It's on the Desolation Row as a Journeyman coat in olive drab but it's neither...

cad4029cabe8be4a6427.jpeg

It's a nice color...

Does anyone know if FW used the olive drab leather for any coat other than the Journeyman or 37J1 pilot jacket?

Off the top of my head, those are the only 2 standard production models I can recall. There might have been a shop special, but I’m not sure.

What’s behind the query?

I just like the color...

Anyone know who is shipping Freewheelers to US right now? I’m trying to order the lot 601xx 1947 in size 34. McFly said no because they will only use EMS... Mirror Ball is out of stock in that size. Waiting to hear back from Genco. Those are the only shops I’ve ever ordered Freewheelers from. 

8 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

^ Aviator vest is £505 new or £495 second hand as listed :huh2:

Their pricing is all over the place!

I check them out quite often and have scored a couple of things I've been after for a while at a decent price but more often than not the prices just make no sense 

3 hours ago, Jeef1 said:

Anyone know who is shipping Freewheelers to US right now? I’m trying to order the lot 601xx 1947 in size 34. McFly said no because they will only use EMS... Mirror Ball is out of stock in that size. Waiting to hear back from Genco. Those are the only shops I’ve ever ordered Freewheelers from. 

All the Japanese stockists are in the same situation - unless you want to pay big bucks ... which I wouldn’t imagine you do?

Both UPS and FedEx would charge around ¥20,000 - 30,000 to deliver your jeans from Japan (completely different prices are available to business accounts and volume shippers). That’s nearly 10x what EMS would charge and unfortunately that’s who the great majority are set up to deal with.

Edited by Duke Mantee

These are for sale - all size 40, all in the best of condition.

I don’t have prices in mind but I do know what they’re worth. If you are interested and have a fair offer for any of them then message me. No lowballers, chisellers or folks who suddenly have huge motoring fines they’d forgotten about need apply.

for sale.jpg

Very nice @Duke Mantee all a bit too fancy for my style. I’ll see what’s in the next Duke sale thread ;) 

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, and just joined; here is my first post! 

I bought this last year from Denimio on sale, and I have maybe 4 months of actual, casual wear on it, and I just gave it a second hot soak.

As I' sure many of you know, this denim fades really slow. I've learned you have to wash this sparingly to get good contrast.

The second photo captures the color best, although it's more 'purple' in person. 

Cheers! 

FW11.jpg

FW13.jpg

FW14.jpg

@JMS Welcome! Keep posting.

Noticed the cuffs - are the arms on the long side?

28 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@JMS Welcome! Keep posting.

Noticed the cuffs - are the arms on the long side?

Not at all! I am a 40 in most things, this is a 42, and the arms land just at my wrists (considering I have shorter arms, I think they nailed it) 

The cut is fairly exact - nice and boxy.

That said I'm still on the hunt for a type1/type2 with a shorter (authentic) length.  

FW is better than most in that regard, much better than TCB et al. To each their own though!

Cheers!

2 hours ago, JMS said:

Not at all! I am a 40 in most things, this is a 42, and the arms land just at my wrists (considering I have shorter arms, I think they nailed it) 

The cut is fairly exact - nice and boxy.

That said I'm still on the hunt for a type1/type2 with a shorter (authentic) length.  

FW is better than most in that regard, much better than TCB et al. To each their own though!

Cheers!

What’s the tag number, is it #1821022 (I think that was what Denimio was selling)? If so, that’s the longer version of the two 507XX FW make.

Edited by Duke Mantee

39 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

What’s the tag number, is it #1821022 (I think that was what Denimio was selling)? If so, that’s the longer version of the two 507XX FW make.

Shoot. Yessir, that is indeed the lot #. I had no idea they made two different lengths! 

How much shorter is the other? I'd be interested in picking up the shorter version now that I know that.

Man, you really are the FW guru! ;)

There’s about an inch difference. Any of the pics I’ve posted will be the normal length (shorter) versions

@shredwin_206 I’ve got those jeans your dear old mother stitched for you - she’s made a lovely job repairing the back pockets. But I hadn’t realised they are in my size - and up until now I didn’t have that model so well sewn ... :ph34r2:

@Duke Mantee I wouldn’t mind some cool fit shots with your rare FW pieces paired with the jeans my mother worked on ;) 

5 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

@Duke Mantee I wouldn’t mind some cool fit shots with your rare FW pieces paired with the jeans my mother worked on ;) 

Too late buddy - they’re already packed ready to go :smile:

Quite like this one...2033007.
00047863.JPG

Kersey is a cool fabric.

2 different pairs of Lot 601XX 1939

1939 b.jpg

1939 a.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee