Jump to content
rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

Recommended Posts

Freewheelers U.S. Navy Style Work Shirt, Vintage Salvage Yarn-Dyed Color Chambray, Cotton, Navy #1523014

1523014 USN Navy.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freewheelers Trackmaster, Cotton 55% / Linen 30% / Wool 15% Twill (cotton/linen warp & cotton/wool weft), Jet Navy #1633007

1633007 Trackmaster.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Duke Mantee that 20s combo is looking spot on mate...

Just 45 degrees and 90 degrees clockwise turns should do the trick to get that curved pocket it for the next picture installment :)

I hope the locals appreciate them smaller buttons as much we as do

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

@Duke Mantee that 20s combo is looking spot on mate...

Just 45 degrees and 90 degrees clockwise turns should do the trick to get that curved pocket it for the next picture installment :)

I hope the locals appreciate them smaller buttons as much we as do

 

Thanks buddy, tbh no-one gives a flying f-ck what I wear up in this part of the country, so button details and denim quality is immaterial,  and that suits just fine. Have to say I’m really liking the leg wear cut more than I thought, nice loose fit as overalls should be.

I’ll do some outdoor posing showing off my ‘curves’ when this bloody gale calms itself ... my tripod and camera would be in the North Sea if I tried today

Edited by Duke Mantee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Nice loose fit as overalls should be'

Duke, please can you describe the fit around the top block. Do the legs drape more than the 37s?

Would be interested to hear more thoughts ...

 

Edited by Dr_Heech
Spelling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ same down here mate... the other day I went out in 20s jeans and 40s denim jacket - in other words a complete mismatch - and nobody batted an eyelid :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

^^ same down here mate... the other day I went out in 20s jeans and 40s denim jacket - in other words a complete mismatch - and nobody batted an eyelid :)

Bastards ... after all that effort you made :laugh2:

6 minutes ago, smoothsailor said:

Tux looks great Duke , 

i,m making the wierdest combo,s all i gett is a stare noe and again

Thanks Paul - people are probably staring at how cool you look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

'Nice loose fit as overalls should be'

Duke, please can you describe the fit around the top block. Do the legs drape more than the 37s?

Would be interested to hear more thoughts ...

 

The 22s are straight through the leg Doc. My 39s (not 37s) are relaxed fit and have a very slight taper to the hem from the knee. Also the 22s are a little bit over 34” in the waist (new) whereas my 39s are 33” (worn and therefore stretched) - both are tagged 33 which is my preferred FW 601xx size.

Both the 22s and 39s are similar in front and back rise, the 22s are about ½” longer.

Usually you get a bit of hip flare with FW 601xx (because the waist is nipped in slightly) - not the case with the 22s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Freewheelers U.S. Navy Style Work Shirt, Vintage Salvage Yarn-Dyed Color Chambray, Cotton, Navy #1523014

1523014 USN Navy.jpg

Tres cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dr_Heech Doc, you’ve asked a few questions about the 20s tux, but you’re the expert here - what would you want me to describe and/or demonstrate specifically?

As yet I haven’t really done anything other than take a few quick snaps - I seem to have so little time at the moment despite not working (or that’s the feeling I have), but I think a little bit of focus will remedy that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never owned any Freewheelers, but Im really digging the sag harbor shirt.

I always have trouble sizing for Japanese brands, I checked McFly online store and I feel I am between sizes.

Would you guys suggest going a size up or size down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, olmecasteve said:

I've never owned any Freewheelers, but Im really digging the sag harbor shirt.

I always have trouble sizing for Japanese brands, I checked McFly online store and I feel I am between sizes.

Would you guys suggest going a size up or size down?

 

I'm the same, between the whole sizes in Freewheelers. I always size up a half because I can wash + carefully dry if I need to shrink it a bit, but if it's too small, there's nothing you can do and you're stuck with a $300 shirt that doesn't really fit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

@Dr_Heech Doc, you’ve asked a few questions about the 20s tux, but you’re the expert here - what would you want me to describe and/or demonstrate specifically?

As yet I haven’t really done anything other than take a few quick snaps - I seem to have so little time at the moment despite not working (or that’s the feeling I have), but I think a little bit of focus will remedy that.

You've done enough @Duke thanks mate. Just trying to live vicariously through you and your wonderful purchases :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

You've done enough @Duke thanks mate. Just trying to live vicariously through you and your wonderful purchases :laugh:

Lol

well I was thinking about some real detail but if you’re happy ...
 

@shredwin_206 asked me to compare early and later Type I, so I might have a go at that shortly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, olmecasteve said:

I've never owned any Freewheelers, but Im really digging the sag harbor shirt.

I always have trouble sizing for Japanese brands, I checked McFly online store and I feel I am between sizes.

Would you guys suggest going a size up or size down?

 

4 hours ago, persco_ said:

I'm the same, between the whole sizes in Freewheelers. I always size up a half because I can wash + carefully dry if I need to shrink it a bit, but if it's too small, there's nothing you can do and you're stuck with a $300 shirt that doesn't really fit...

It’s tough when you feel you’re in between sizes in any brand/item. For me the question has always came down to approach, and what you think is a fit. If it’s a shirt I don’t overly focus on chest measurements and look more at the collar fit. I feel there’s a bit of of a disjunction in looking towards a ‘fitted work shirt’.

That said I don’t find FW shirts to be difficult in fit - they’re not as petit or narrow as some Japanese brands, but still they are primarily made for the Japanese market. If you feel there’s a risk in Japanese sizing generally then unfortunately you’ll not find FW much different.

My big criticism of FW is they aren’t good at describing shrinkage and that can be a risk if you’re not familiar with their approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

What’s FW? 

FW = Freewheelers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. I just checked and they have T-shirt’s for 150 quid.

I mean a white T-shirt 100% gold, I mean cotton.

do people really buy those?

i understand jeans jackets shoes shirts etc that are excellent quality design durability etc etc but a regular T-shirt is something I don’t understand. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

No love for Filson or that flannel stuff. Ok.

oh I just realised this is not the nonsense thread. Sorry lads.

 

Getting quite a lot of your threads mixed up - but that aside, if it’s a Filson shirt it’ll be decent, and that’s good value at €20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@shredwin_206

A broad comparison as you requested - early model on top

1. Buttons are smaller (same size at Lot 601xx fly buttons approx) and are not branded but painted including back tack/rivet

2. Yoke is deeper 

3. Sleeve is wider (about an inch at the pit) and shorter (about the width of the cuff)

4. Cuff is wider

5. Placket is wider

6. Cinch is unpainted

7. Collar is shorter and cut square rather than peak

8. Corner stitch is not ‘star stitch’ as FW describe it

9. Fine sewing pitch

P1000959_DxO.jpg

P1000983_DxO.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now