Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

my haul from the past months is finally on the way from Japan! EMS restored service this week so hopefully I can indulge on my little FW obsession soon :D

Hi gents,i hope its okay when i posted here...i have for sale a FW 601 1947 w 32 l 33 .Just a few wears.9/10.denim is darker as on pics. W 16 ,inseam 33,lo 8,5, fr 12,br 16. Ask for 170 € pp from germany .

Thanks Martin

IMG_20200702_111331_BURST001_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200702_111700.jpg

I think many people have the idea that FW are just ‘imagined’ designs to look like something from another era. In some ways that wouldn’t be the wrong way to consider the clothes, but the reality for many of their designs is that they come from an actual vintage design ...

563B6810-3627-4B13-8F93-8E30B3AD2CD1.jpeg

F3FA0558-48E2-4B6A-8D20-85784960FAEF.jpeg

333F3206-7319-4624-894C-4A2E3038D912.jpeg

57438532-2E03-4788-A38E-0900E79166ED.jpeg

This is the Curtiss coat from late 2013/early 2014 - FW label it as a 1920s design, the book (above) claims the coat is 1930s. I think both are corrrect

Edited by Duke Mantee

indeed, especially their leather jacket offerings are more like actual reproductions 

btw @Duke Mantee what's your take on the F/W 20 collection. Since its called 'dependables' its not really surprising to see many models returning but I'm left with a somewhat disappointed feeling; or perhaps last winter season was just too good

I'm eyeing that Brooklyn Spider Web type 2 jacket though B)

1 hour ago, SLAB said:

indeed, especially their leather jacket offerings are more like actual reproductions 

btw @Duke Mantee what's your take on the F/W 20 collection. Since its called 'dependables' its not really surprising to see many models returning but I'm left with a somewhat disappointed feeling; or perhaps last winter season was just too good

I'm eyeing that Brooklyn Spider Web type 2 jacket though B)

I’d say it’s quite a bit more than their leathers - and arguably the leathers I would suggest are improvements (Himel gives a great view on reproducing vintage styles)

With regard the upcoming, I’m glad to see a lot of the older designs brought back but the check shirt colours are an abomination. Anyway I’m unemployed and already have much of what I’ll ever want/need so either way I’m not fussed.

I’m much less into the stencilling and patches than you are (exceptions are made and generally the effort put into the t-shirt prints are above and beyond) so it’s not for me buddy.

46 minutes ago, Broark said:

Here we go again with the FW collection previews that are so secret only select people get to see them. :ph34r::D

What happens in the majority of cases is once you’re thought to be trusted then the dealer will probably send you lots of preview details ... you just need to buy more :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Lol - make me an offer and you can have as many pics as you want ...

I think I've got a few pounds on you, don't think we'd be the same size. 
I still need to complete that order with Seiichiro once EMS shipping to the US resumes...maybe he'll have a few more 17.5 shirts in stock by then. :D

8 minutes ago, Broark said:

I think I've got a few pounds on you, don't think we'd be the same size. 
I still need to complete that order with Seiichiro once EMS shipping to the US resumes...maybe he'll have a few more 17.5 shirts in stock by then. :D

Taller yes - but I’m quite dense ...

... and last one before bedtime - Pendleton style blanket coat from about a century ago and the British Columbia, the style and not the fabric pattern being important here although I’m sure I’ve got a pic of the original turquoise blanket (somewhere)

B65F35A7-A3C1-41DF-BCC0-1CB4F498133B.jpeg

1E71363A-F9DA-4D00-9C55-86D0163D5C34.jpeg

0D4E450B-FEDB-4265-877F-E0386A39722E.jpeg

FDB71844-53E4-474A-A399-9ABB2B822DDA.jpeg

Hey guys, I’ve been really interested in a pair of 601xx 1951’s but have been unsure about sizing. Do you guys find freewheelers to be True to size? I need about a 34.5” waist however, all the measurements on Rakuten seem to vary from 33.5” to 35” for the waist. I’m leaning toward a 36 to be safe. Thanks! 

On 7/3/2020 at 6:39 PM, Snake said:

The new flannel color combinations are some of the worst I have seen from any brand.

I am told that this is only part 1 of the upcoming F/W collection. Part 2 will be next month.

this! what were they thinking with those color combinations :wacko: