rnrswitch

Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

Freewheelers 1940s Style Set-In Sleeve Sweatshirt, 100% Cotton, Charcoal x Soot Black #1432001

1434001 Charcoal.jpg

Freewheelers 1940s Style Set-In Sleeve Sweatshirt, 100% Cotton, Bordeaux x Crimson #1432001

1434001 Crimson.jpg

Freewheelers ‘Oakland Riders Club’ 1930s Style Quarter Zip Competition Type Sweatshirt, 100% Cotton, Green x Brown #1534003

1534003 Oakland.jpg

Freewheelers ‘Everett MC’ Motorcycle Racing Club Custom 1940s Style Sweatshirt, 100% Cotton, Dark Mix Gray #1534004

1534004 Everett.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee

Freewheelers 1930s Style Two Tone Zip Front Cardigan Type Sweat, 100% Cotton Original Medium Weight Sweat, Charcoal Black x Dark Mix Gray #1534005

1534005 Zip Front.jpg

Freewheelers ‘Cut Off Hood’ 1930s Style Set-In Sleave Sweat Parka, Vintage Medium Weight Cotton, Grained Charcoal Gray #1534011 - modified ... I cut off the rest of the cut off hood

1534011 Cut Off.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee

16 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Freewheelers ‘Everett MC’ Motorcycle Racing Club Custom 1940s Style Sweatshirt, 100% Cotton, Dark Mix Gray #1534004

1534004 Everett.jpg

What happened to the other letters Duke - ‘K’, ‘E’, ‘N’ x2 and Y - did they fall off?

Freewheelers ‘Power-Lube Motor Oil’ 1910-1920s Style V Neck Jersey, Original Worsted Yarn High Gauge Knit, Dark Drab Heather #1636002

1636002 Lube.jpg

Just now, Maynard Friedman said:

What happened to the other letters Duke - ‘K’, ‘E’, ‘N’ x2 and Y - did they fall off?

Peeled them off so it was still ‘all in the best possible taste’

Freewheelers 1920 - 1930s Style ‘Turned Down Collar Sweater Coat’, Low Gauge Knit Wool, Gray Heather #1646119

1646119 Sweater.jpg

... fully buttoned - you would need to have a neck as thin as your wrist to fasten the very top button

1646119 Sweater B.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee

Freewheelers 1930s Style Shawl Collar Cardigan Type Set-In Sleeve Sweat Shirt, Original Medium Weight Sweat, Soot Black #1834004

1834004 Shawl.jpg

And here’s the mini collection summary for those that can’t be arsed trawling through my vapid offerings 

Untitled.jpg

7 hours ago, the shivman said:

Interesting, any new designs?

Yep - and they’re short jackets too ... your thing maybe

Edited by Duke Mantee

Golden Spike overalls... bought on a lockdown whim, just after the WH contest shenanigans... took a few weeks to arrive but sailed straight to my door...

Great fabric, well made as expected, super super roomy, not everyone's cup of tea but I do quite like my new Andy Pandy pants...

202006 FW Wabash.jpg

Looking forward to the fit pictures !

@Duke Mantee - Have you found the FW hoodies to have a very deep hood? On the one I just got the hood is like a tent. When I put the hood on I look like Emperor Palpatine... 

^maybe I should look into FW then; I usually look like a condom about to experience blunt puncture with a hood on

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

@Duke Mantee - Have you found the FW hoodies to have a very deep hood? On the one I just got the hood is like a tent. When I put the hood on I look like Emperor Palpatine... 

I never thought them to be excessively deep - big enough to be a proper hood instead of those that cover up to the front of the parietal. I find that handy because I look like palpatine with the hood down ...

I don't know if this would interest the folks here, but I came across a little series of articles on the Crazy Eights motorcycle club to which Atsushi Yasui belongs. Great images and a fun little story published by Roller Magazine in January 2019.

3f41df0625b2c366198999e4b789506182ce65fc

2 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

I don't know if this would interest the folks here, but I came across a little series of articles on the Crazy Eights motorcycle club to which Atsushi Yasui belongs. Great images and a fun little story published by Roller Magazine in January 2019.

Sushi is crazy on this stuff (TROG and all that) - and near killed himself doing too.

A lot of FW designs are influenced by that culture. Especially early 20th C. Harley Davidson style.

Yeah, I've seen their ads and presence in chopper culture, but I didn't know Yasui's direct connection to TROG and by extension that crazy ice race from the article. Great stuff all around.

I had a chat with @the shivman the other day - he was asking about FW releasing a ‘grizzly’ (no not a live one @Maynard Friedman :dry:) and he used a word I’d never previously associated with FW and leathers ... “prolific”

Prolific is accurate and I’ve no idea why it wasn’t apparent to me but I took a quick stab and listed them for him. Shamefully I missed (at least) 3 - but with the 3 added, here’s the lineup:

Untitled.jpg

What you guys need to do is name them and tell me what’s missing ...

Edited by Duke Mantee

On 6/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, Jared_Lee said:

3f41df0625b2c366198999e4b789506182ce65fc

Anything Roller Magazine (minus Ken Ahagara) catches my eye.

Thanks for the clarification Duke, I think our interpretations of ‘grizzly’ are polar opposites!

What's the leather jacket 2nd row, 2nd from left...?

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Thanks for the clarification Duke, I think our interpretations of ‘grizzly’ are polar opposites!

I give up ... :sad:

57 minutes ago, JDelage said:

What's the leather jacket 2nd row, 2nd from left...?

You tell me - that’s the game ... they are in alphabetical order so that might give you a clue :laugh:

Edited by Duke Mantee

15 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

I give up ... :sad:

Please bear with me