Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

19 hours ago, Snake said:

@Double 0 Soul It's been a while. Not sure what happened with DB. Its like a ghost town over there.

Yeah, it was a shame.. out of the blue, one of the mods deleted half of the threads then in the ensuing 'blame game' two different mods called me a 'cunt' on two seperate occasions.. what were we saying about sufu being hostile? so i thought it was about time to bail it and it looks like most of the other contributors have had the same idea. I took a lot of flack for cussing @dudewuttheheck even though this happened about 3 or 4yrs ago but i noticed today that he's still getting shit over there for "looking staged" in his fit pics. I'll still probably get the blame fr it...somehow :D :D

5 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Yeah, it was a shame.. out of the blue, one of the mods deleted half of the threads then in the ensuing 'blame game' two different mods called me a 'cunt' on two seperate occasions.. what were we saying about sufu being hostile? so i thought it was about time to bail it and it looks like most of the other contributors have had the same idea. I took a lot of flack for cussing @dudewuttheheck even though this happened about 3 or 4yrs ago but i noticed today that he's still getting shit over there for "looking staged" in his fit pics. I'll still probably get the blame fr it...somehow :D :D

Don't worry buddy, I'll make sure you get blamed for it on both forums somehow. I'll influence everyone in just the right way :P

Edited by dudewuttheheck

9 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

A lot of folk got a lot of flack because they were honest when asked for an opinion - and when someone posts on a forum you ARE asking for opinion. It seemed that playing the victim card was a great way to get your point across. Ultimately it wasn’t you that was the cnut Neal ...

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

A lot of folk got a lot of flack because they were honest when asked for an opinion - and when someone posts on a forum you ARE asking for opinion. It seemed that playing the victim card was a great way to get your point across. Ultimately it wasn’t you that was the cnut Neal ...

Yeah! It feels great over here, almost liberating not having to enter into open warfare with the mods all the flippin time

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Yeah, it was a shame.. out of the blue, one of the mods deleted half of the threads then in the ensuing 'blame game' two different mods called me a 'cunt' on two seperate occasions.. what were we saying about sufu being hostile? 

Oh so that's what happened was it?  :laugh:

I called you a cheeky cunt 'cos that's what you were being like Neal, accusations aside. I was pissed off with you and told you so, but that should be water under the bridge now. We're all adults, let's continue to live and let live. Let it go mate. 

Hey l'm enjoying the 'not having to moderate' side of life  :cool:

The weirdest thing about was that 00, Duke, and Dr Heech were the only ones there regularly contributing. Now it's a ghost town run by people who can't be bothered to properly format their posts. It's almost like they wanted to kill it without actually shutting it down.

Edited by the shivman

I honestly thought the whole thing was kind of refreshing. For the last 10 years, great forums have been slowly fizzling away, most seeing a gradual drop-off in users until, at no particular point in time, no one's really left. They really fucked Denimbro up pretty thoroughly all at once, and there was something nice about having that certainty of "okay, this is no longer a site worth visiting" rather than the gradual spiral into nothingness that's become the norm.

Saves me some screen time to have that no longer on my list of sites I check daily. 
I spend more time here now and it’s much nicer mix of styles and personalities 

It all ended with the great LEROY firestorm. Haha 

my favourite cunt manifestation of said wellbeing thread was obviously  entitled loud cunt and elsewhere likening to puck...

off topic but it looks like deletion is still practiced as an art form over there: the esteemed 'how its worn thread' recently getting insta-pruned of a newbie's comments (rather than these comments being spoken too and to allow conversation...) offering tips to MrQ [who obviously needs none, but doesn't need a nanny either - you can see he has responded to the now deleted comment/s; will his comment now also have to be deleted for full non-dissonance/enforced non-agonism...]- sorry to continue thread derailment... 

so to return to FW thread ... Duke: loving the content: but will there be any back shots: selfishly i also want to see construction back there (yokes, seams, etc.)? [also: technical question, hoping to be helpful, but do tell me to go fek myself: In your set up are you using one or two sets of lighting? sometimes it feels like one arm is drifting into shadow - which gives chiaroscuro drama but may lessen detail - which two sources of light could address [but then issues of differing light temperature arises if your sources are not matched]? also: thought of stuffing arms slightly? I know the mannequin is armless but some volume [around upper arm] may help this issue also? [kafkamercantile do great shirt mannequin shots albeit all in clinical white...]

very loving the content - especially the pullover shirts - and the consistency!!!

@Duke Mantee About 6 or 7 machine washes.

@Double 0 Soul I see. I always wondered what happened. I was under the impression DB were created after some issues here and it's ironic DB experienced issues of its own and it is what it is today. I was also under the impression that some contributors were told not to post too often in a particular thread so its not always at the top or something like that. No first hand knowledge, just my observation from reading between the lines when I was active at DB. I could be wrong.

I regret not picking up the Bakehead in vintage Wabash finish. At the time I thought I could achieve similar results by wearing mine often but damn it's hard to get to that state of wear.

@Duke Mantee Did FW produce two different finish for the NPR? Steel blue and sun bleached steel blue? or that was the description for it?

Edited by Snake

10 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

so to return to FW thread ... Duke: loving the content: but will there be any back shots: selfishly i also want to see construction back there (yokes, seams, etc.)? [also: technical question, hoping to be helpful, but do tell me to go fek myself: In your set up are you using one or two sets of lighting? sometimes it feels like one arm is drifting into shadow - which gives chiaroscuro drama but may lessen detail - which two sources of light could address [but then issues of differing light temperature arises if your sources are not matched]? also: thought of stuffing arms slightly? I know the mannequin is armless but some volume [around upper arm] may help this issue also? [kafkamercantile do great shirt mannequin shots albeit all in clinical white...]

very loving the content - especially the pullover shirts - and the consistency!!!

Ta very much Bartles :tongue:

I’ve only got one light - I thought about using light from a window but the big problem was variations in light quality that you mention. I’m no photographer by any stretch of the imagination and for the moment I’m just trying to consistently collate my gear - but there’s over 300 pieces, so much as I’d like to photograph other details like the yoke, cuff, elbow et al I’d be running into something over 1k pics - that’s a lot of time and although I’m stuck in the house I’ve got a 2 year old girl that deserves all the attention she wants as well as not abandoning the Duchess altogether by disappearing into the ‘photo studio’ (bedroom) so I really don’t want to take piss in that respect.

Basically it’s just a compromise of time, equipment and space all corralled by a lack of ability - however I was thinking that if anyone one the forum wanted a specific detail then I could always oblige on request 

Anyone got sizing advice for the 507xx type II? 
I’ve found a 42 for $275 on grailed. Waiting for them to get me measurements. 
I am typically 22”-23” chest so wondering if the 42 would work or not? 
thanks