Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Thanks for the info, hard to imagine that the 47 tapers less than the 43 as my 43s are pretty wide. I think it's accentuated by the fact that they're a few inches too long still.
Don't mind hip flare, like the recent conversations about the historical accuracy to the 47 cut.

No problem

Personally I don’t think the FW ‘43 are ‘accurate’ ... but then I’m yet to be convinced there is such a thing as a specific and consistent wartime jeans pattern

The 47’s however are as good a repro as I’ve seen 

8 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Very similar - the ‘47 has a more pronounced waist (so more hip flare ... although that’s accurate and disappears over wear/time)

Here's an example.. FW-47's crazy-ass hip flare!

IMG_7929

Chair, whip, lion-taming skills...and a few months down the line

IMG_7929

Edited by Double 0 Soul

guys i really need sizing advice on the 47's please

im like a 35 35 wh is too loose while a 34 is on the just tight size but comfy im like a 35 really what do i get on FW 47?  i do wash with dryer

6 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

IMG_7929

5 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

...it’s good to see denim with no cuffs AND below the ankle (with a proper break)

yep 

6 hours ago, edmond said:

guys i really need sizing advice on the 47's please

im like a 35 35 wh is too loose while a 34 is on the just tight size but comfy im like a 35 really what do i get on FW 47?  i do wash with dryer

Ed- I wear a 32" in pretty much everything (albeit loosly) those FW's are also at the loose end of the '47-cut' spectrum and i could easily swing a 31" but if i was to buy them again i would def go for another 32" Ive never used a dryer tho.

If you want that^ kind of fit i would go for the 35" if you want something more in tune with what LVC call a '47' cut then go for the 34" if you're between sizes you could probably swing either because they dont hug the body.. well, they don't hug my body :D

Looks like an 83cm when front and back rise starighten out eh ? The 36 said its like a 92cm and 34 is like a 86.5cm on the website 

hows the front rise on the 32 ? Thanks man 

On 3/20/2020 at 12:53 AM, Duke Mantee said:

@julian-wolf Do you have any other FW jackets? They fit TTS in that regard - obviously just a little bit slimmer in the waist than the other denim jackets

No, I don't have any other FW jackets. I wear a 17 in their shirts, but they're worn tucked and generally seem fairly fitted.

I wear a 42 in Toyo jackets and my modern Levi's trucker is an L, but I don't have much else to compare to.

Where are you guys buying your FW gear from? 
have a buddy looking at either the 47 or 51 

I see Son of Stag and Denimio and then some options on Rakuten? 

Not as far as I’m aware - but there’s 2 things happening

1. An exhibition

2. Covid-19

It’s possible either/both are slowing things ... and in any event Desolation Row is shit as a webshop, they’re not geared up for it at all. It’s usually quicker to ask your best (other) shop contact to enquire and supply for you

Main reason I asked is because there used to be a contact form for international ordering inquiries and I couldn't find that page this time.
But like you said, some more pertinent things going on right now. I saw the blog post about the exhibition. I'll see if Hoosiers can get me sorted.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Main reason I asked is because there used to be a contact form for international ordering inquiries and I couldn't find that page this time.
But like you said, some more pertinent things going on right now. I saw the blog post about the exhibition. I'll see if Hoosiers can get me sorted.

http://freewheelers.co.jp/english/contact/index.html

I get the feeling it’s their organisational abilities that’ll be the main factor

40 minutes ago, edmond said:

I couldnt see hoosiers contact too or wedshop

[email protected]

But you can also send Seiichiro a message on Instagram or LiNE

Edited by Duke Mantee

You got some inside scoop on the new collection?

I heard back from Seiichiro on the 46's and they are a Desolation Row exclusive.
I'll probably never hear back about them, but that's okay. Money saved!