Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

6 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Thanks Broark, yes they're the Lofgren M43 B)

That said, John has just made desert boots too!

lk-019_sand1.jpg

lk-019_navy1.jpg

Holy Cow! Those are expensive. I'd rather start with a pair of Clarks Desert Boots as I am way too comfortable in my 70's Chucks. Thanks for sharing. I am sure I will graduate to these eventually.

• 3 months later...

I like the look of the 43, 47 and 51 models. The 601XX denim looks great too.

I'd appreciate understanding how much the 601XX denim stretches with wear from one wash, especially in the waist.

Could any of the fellas with these jeans share their experience?

@Iron Horse @Niro @Flash might be able to help. Thanks in advance!

Thanks @Flash that helps. I need to compare measurements for each in more detail... from what I have seen and read, the 51 looks very roomy in the thigh with shorter rises... so I need to look at some more pics to see how that plays out on overall shape...

Edited by MJF9

the rise is definitely shorter than the 47's but i wouldn't call the 51's overly roomy in the top block , i think the taper of the 51's can make them look a little roomier in the top block but there no bigger than the 47's (as far as i can remember ) 

I haven't done any measuring on the '43s but they seemed to shrink some and stretch back to normal. I did manage to achieve some stretch on the waist of '47s, but ultimately sizing down didn't work out as the seat and upper thighs were too tight. 

Still, I like the '43 cut better, and I suspect I'd like it better than the '51 too. Overall it's a winner for me; here's them a month ago:

IMG_3359.JPG

So... I went with the 1951 model in the end and they arrived today... an efficient service from Mirror Ball and thanks to @Iron Horse @Flash for their above help...

Initially pleased with them - lovely denim, weight, colour and dimensions are as expected.

However the rear (ass) seems to have surplus denim causing puckering... I suspect this would be an ongoing feature and would annoy me.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had this with the 51? Did it go away with wear?

Also is this rear puckering a feature of the 43 model? 

Need to decide whether to keep / return / swap (I'm presuming Mirror Ball allow returns).

Thanks in advance!!

@MJF9 do you mean the infamous 'diaper butt'? I can't speak for the '51s but it isn't so bad on the '43s. Then again, I'm coming from the SC1947s, which had a ton of diaper butt to start off with, though it did settle down some. The FW '47s I had didn't have diaper butt, instead they had wedgie butt because I tried to size down one. :P The whole seat and even upper thighs were just too tight and I had to cut my losses.

A fit pic might help here; I'd say some diaper butt is acceptable, even desirable of how jeans "should" look. 

Thanks @Iron Horse. I think it's a diaper - wedgie hybrid :P... thankfully I can spare Sufu the graphics as I've decided to cut my losses and return them. It's pretty pronounced beyond my antifit limits so might be a production defect.

Shame - great denim and I've seen so many great looking Freewheelers pairs at all stages of evolution. If I take the plunge again with a different model, I'll test them out at Son of a Stag first.