Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

On 4/29/2023 at 8:09 AM, LazyS said:

I bet the xxl pocket t would look phat layered over the spalding hoodie.

Never saw the original before

dI5GN5J.pngp2BxAxj.jpg

I politely asked them at Desolation Row about the interesting shape change from XL —> XXL. 
they told me it’s on purpose and supposedly fits the Japanese body type. 
I’ve lived in Japan for 16 years and I can say I’ve never met anyone that would fit in a T-shirt like that. 
It really is bizarre…

2 hours ago, vlad_III said:

I politely asked them at Desolation Row about the interesting shape change from XL —> XXL. 
they told me it’s on purpose and supposedly fits the Japanese body type. 
I’ve lived in Japan for 16 years and I can say I’ve never met anyone that would fit in a T-shirt like that. 
It really is bizarre…

IMG_1183.jpeg

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

IMG_1183.jpeg

Believe it or not. One of my friends looks like that and it didn’t fit him. The size of the belly takes up much more length than you would think. The XXL Looked like a crop top on him. 

2 minutes ago, vlad_III said:

Believe it or not. One of my friends looks like that and it didn’t fit him. The size of the belly takes up much more length than you would think. The XXL Looked like a crop top on him. 

I believe it

Where in Japan are you?

24 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

I believe it

Where in Japan are you?

I live in Shinjuku. 20 min walk to desolation row. But they don’t usually have anything big in stock. Their retailers are better. Not that I need anymore shirts…

not really, because they don’t have my size in stock usually. Jeans are no problem but jackets, flannels and t-shirts are almost impossible to find. But yes, all the stores are here in the same area. Flathead, FW, trophy, RMC etc etc and then the select shops like Hinoya. 

My new Chambray shirt from Freewheelers also know as "Neal Cassady"  indigo work shirt 

The shirt design is inspired by work shirts from the 1920s. The left  pocket has a pen holder, the collar has a chin strap, the hem is finished with an open ring, and a union ticket is sewn on the back of the front hem. The buttons are made of iron, and the more you wear them, the more the paint will peel off and rust, creating a nice atmosphere. The fabric is likely to loose color , creating a nice shade of indigo. Bar tacks stitches in all pressure points  

In size 16, below were the measurements in unwashed:

pit to pit: 55

shoulder: 45

sleeve: 65

length: 77

After 1st wash I noticed:

pit to pit: 55 (no change)

shoulder: 45 (no change) 

sleeve: 64

length: 76

(Monkey Wrench told me that the shirt will shrink in 1st two washes, likely to shrink 1-15.cm in width and 2cm in length)

Shirt pictures in unwashed condition, with belt Tanner Goods Standard belt, Natural, Stainless Steel buckle (size 34), jeans pair OOE Yofukaten OA01XX XX4 in size 36, Nike Pegasus39 size US 7.5:

IMG-3393.jpg

IMG-3513 - trim.jpg

IMG-3515 - trim.jpg

Edited by dada mafiosi

I’ve got the flannel lined FW type 1 (516xx), and the FC 2107 (unworn, maybe selling). The FC denim is a bit lighter and will definitely be softer with wear more quickly. The FW is more cleanly stitched and constructed all around. The FC pocket feels a little oversized. They’re both nice jackets. To my mind the reason to get the FullCount is the denim itself - which is really appealing to a lot of people.
I like trying different brands but at this point I’m pretty convinced (like others here) that the FW stuff is just a notch better all around - and even moreso with FCs price hikes. 

I recently ordered a type 2, which is something I'm missing - and I didn't even think about getting it from someone other than freewheelers at this point. I just don't think there is a better maker out there for repro oriented stuff. Different, yes, but for standard repro denim wares, not better. That's a broad claim but it's my experience. YMMV.

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

4 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I’ve got the flannel lined FW type 1 (516xx), and the FC 2107 (unworn, maybe selling). The FC denim is a bit lighter and will definitely be softer with wear more quickly. The FW is more cleanly stitched and constructed all around. The FC pocket feels a little oversized. They’re both nice jackets. To my mind the reason to get the FullCount is the denim itself - which is really appealing to a lot of people.
I like trying different brands but at this point I’m pretty convinced (like others here) that the FW stuff is just a notch better all around - and even moreso with FCs price hikes. 

I recently ordered a type 2, which is something I'm missing - and I didn't even think about getting it from someone other than freewheelers at this point. I just don't think there is a better maker out there for repro oriented stuff. Different, yes, but for standard repro denim wares, not better. That's a broad claim but it's my experience. YMMV.

Thanks, that helps a lot! Was leaning towards the FW, so this justifies that thought. 

FW’s denim is all 100% cotton thread stitching right?