Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

@UkeNo   nearly … as I said, the differences require side by side comparison. I think I wrote chapter and verse about this back on Denimbro before it got all wanky but FW re-examined and analysed vintage denim and made some subtle changes to the weft. They wanted to replicate the discrepancies you find caused by the loom, humidity and environment.

Edited by Duke Mantee

One more question. For the WWII models. I’ve seen the 44-45 with olive green pocket bags and the 45 one it is I believe with flannel pocket bags. 
is that the major difference and how does  flannel hold up as pocket bag material?

does it make any difference in hot weather? 

The flannel pocket bags - so far - are holding up great. They're pretty robust. Lovely fabric too which is shirt quality. The same material lines the 516 jacket too.

Hot weather? Not had much of that up north!! The mercury rises to 13C and sunny this weekend - not sure that's hot hot though B)

I believe the other deets are the same - denim, hardware etc - but others may know more...

Edited by MJF9

I wasn't too keen on the flannel pockets to begin with as they felt so different but in these colder months they have been a blessing.

The flannel pockets have a selvedge, if it is of any importance. I can't say anything about the hot season, I wouldn't wear these jeans in the summer, I guess chinos, shorts and lighter denim suit better that part of the year.

IMG_7457.jpg.06f12b683d546146e7fa03b7f3edccf9.jpg

Freewheelers back pockets seem to be pretty far apart compared to others. I heard Iron Heart does it too. Apparently better when sitting on motorcycles. Does Freewheelers do it for the same reason?

@vlad_III Freewheelers actually isn’t spaced very far in my opinion. But I also used to wear a lot of Lee jeans where they were spaced for sitting on a saddle. So the pockets almost felt like they were on the side of your legs. 

I got a powerwear T-shirt in XXL from Freewheelers. 
XL was much too small everywhere so I got XXL this time. 
amazingly XXL is almost the same length as XL but just magnitudes wider. It almost looks like a big square. I’ve never seen a T-shirt in that shape before and can’t imagine what type of body would fit a cut like that. 
It’s so awkward. Can’t help but think they made a mistake. 
I mean XL in Japan is rare, so XXL is just out of the realm of reality to these guys. I’m not surprised they aren’t experts at bigger sizes but this is really really awkward. 

BC802090-DB03-4F85-B509-B054AC688421.jpeg

6A3B0A2F-46DB-4ABA-BCA9-E264DEBE9302.jpeg

3D32C1C6-B12E-4C50-8DFA-88311946C6B2.jpeg

Edited by vlad_III
FW XXL vs RMC XXL Tee

8 minutes ago, vlad_III said:

amazingly XXL is almost the same length as XL but just magnitudes wider. It almost looks like a big square.

When I lived in Singapore (before I was really into this hobby) I found this to be very common with t-shirts from a lot of fashion brands in Asia.
As a bigger western guy I would have to buy XXL t-shirts from Gap or whatever other fast-fashion brands were available.
They would just get wider and wider in the body without adding any length. Surprised to see this from FW, but I think this is the first time they've made XXL in the Power Wear tees.
Maybe you got a dud, how does the actual shirt compare to any measurements available online? And did you give it a wash?

Yeah the measurements online are awkward too. To be honest, the xxl measurements were so weird that I thought they must be wrong. I knew XL was too small so I just went for XXL. Like you said. They literally just added width. And a lot of width! It’s bizarre. 
I did wash it, yes. 

Edited by vlad_III

2 hours ago, Broark said:

When I lived in Singapore (before I was really into this hobby) I found this to be very common with t-shirts from a lot of fashion brands in Asia.
As a bigger western guy I would have to buy XXL t-shirts from Gap or whatever other fast-fashion brands were available.
They would just get wider and wider in the body without adding any length. Surprised to see this from FW, but I think this is the first time they've made XXL in the Power Wear tees.
Maybe you got a dud, how does the actual shirt compare to any measurements available online? And did you give it a wash?

hello from Singapore!