Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

@Dan_F so epic! Killer fades! How long have you worn them? I think you’re the first pair I’ve seen that’s em actually exposed the rivets on the back pockets haha. 
curious what they look like if you get a chance for a close up. 

3 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@Dan_F so epic! Killer fades! How long have you worn them? I think you’re the first pair I’ve seen that’s em actually exposed the rivets on the back pockets haha. 
curious what they look like if you get a chance for a close up. 

I just took a close look- they haven’t quite broke through yet. Now I’m motivated to wear them more often until they do! I wore them 5-6 times per week for about 10 months, then only occasionally for 2ish years. The denim really gets that sky blue that I prefer to the greyish blue that a lot of denim fades to,

Edited by Dan_F

@MJF9 perfect post wash fit! Man you make me wanna grab one by those are some high end prices for a hoody. Haha 

@Dan_F glad I could motivate you ;) are you going to grab another pair of FW to work on? 

8 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@MJF9 perfect post wash fit! Man you make me wanna grab one by those are some high end prices for a hoody. Haha 

@Dan_F glad I could motivate you ;) are you going to grab another pair of FW to work on? 

It’ll be a while from now, but I really want the S601xx 44-45. Speaking of which, does anyone know the difference between the those and the S601xx 45?

Here’s a couple of 661xx 56’ fit pictures.

Tag 33, hemmed to 30” inseam. 

Take these with a pinch of salt - the photographer comes with the house, so it is what it is ;) 

Also, just washed and not looking quite right here. They’re a little slim but not to the extent they seem in these pictures. Drapes not quite right as the fabrics stiff from the wash too. 
normally they’d be cuffed about 1.5” as well. This has them sitting above the shoe. 

anyway…also featuring size 42 sweat

A57823A2-13BA-4F50-9B83-0E89C05C2DAB.jpeg

403B6B76-1ECC-4B53-8453-EB94247C64A3.jpeg

Edited by UkeNo

S601xx and 1937 have the most character to the denim from the start in my opinion. 
They’re more crisp and ridgid too. 
The standard denim on the 43/47/51 is very soft and almost blanket like compared to typical raw denim. 
Just my observations of course. 

How’s  the proportions of the back pockets on the different year models? 

I’ve noticed that the difference between the 51 and 56  pairs is fairly significant.
The 56 has much longer/deeper pockets than the 51. 

Edited by UkeNo

@UkeNo the '51 and '56 do use the same denim.
And '56 have elongated back pockets, while the other models have more traditionally shaped pockets but they all vary slightly based on the era.
The '56 are a bit of an outlier by comparison.

12 hours ago, vlad_III said:

Are these all the same fabric? Just cut, sewing and hardware differs?

s601XX WWII 44-45

601XX 1951

601XX 1947

601XXC 1937

thanks. 

51 and 47 are the same denim - different dyeing

S601 is different denim

37 is yet another denim

2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

51 and 47 are the same denim - different dyeing

S601 is different denim

37 is yet another denim

Which is your favorite? 
As I wear the s601xx they’re becoming a favorite 

1 hour ago, shredwin_206 said:

Which is your favorite? 
As I wear the s601xx they’re becoming a favorite 

Honestly? The original denim is the best … there’s been a couple of tweaks and some different amounts of dye but my old denims look vintage to me so that’s all I can ask

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

^ Duke, by 'original denim' do you mean that of the 47 and 51?

Yes - and yes that’s been tweaked too, but as I’ve said previously you really need to have each denim side by side with the other to see differences, and even then you’d be hard pushed.