Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

On 2/3/2023 at 2:05 PM, vlad_III said:

Desolation Row had the 507RB, same cut as 507XX they say, in 44 and 46 washed. I’m definitely a 46, which is a little surprising to me. I pre-ordered one and it comes with the T-back. That’ll be interesting too. 

Found a size 46 new on Yahoo auction.  10% cheaper than retail price. This one must be older. It doesn’t have the chain stitch runoffs. This one feels like a good fit. Can easily close all buttons and sleeve length feels just right. I guess type 2 are supposed to be a little short?!

5BDA4452-1DD8-48FA-A8F4-B555119E8E9E.jpeg

1829C562-6DC0-4799-8B1F-E654979F9674.jpeg

107F0918-2C8C-473D-BB25-87B46D7C99B1.jpeg

16 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

They deserve to see battle again. What’s the size? I’ll buy em and repair and put them to abuse working construction 

I don’t want to sell them.. I like them, which is why I took them out of action when I did. Looking back at any of my jeans, when they get to this stage (the 2yr mark) their days are numbered.. I usually just continue to wear them to rags a’la CSF (which will only take a couple more months of daily wear) and bin them because I’m not really capable of doing big repair jobs well... or if I’m wearing them for work I’ll eek them out with patch over patch over patch like those recent SC47s.

These FW47s are one of the few pairs of jeans I’ve ever saved from  that fate..

Edited by Double 0 Soul
fate not fait

The hoodies are deliberately looser cut but they will come down to ‘normal’ tag size

06D4214D-7EBF-49C5-A8A2-38DD13B8479F.jpeg
this is the cut based off an old AG Spalding design (the pic is the Japanese Spalding remake) - typically wide shoulders of the period

Edited by Duke Mantee

I have the sweatshirt in a size 42 and it’s easily shrunk a whole size, if not more after a 30。c wash.  Almost too much in the shoulder initially. It’s stretched nicely in all the right places though, including the collar. 
I just need to wash it 100 times now to fade the  blue to a lovely worn purple hue. 

Washed and dried all the sweatshirts yesterday and got a good amount of shrinkage, I usually hang dry them but wanted to get as much shrink as possible.
I'll take some comparison shots of the navy crewneck from last year vs the new hooded one to see how much the fabric has faded.
@UkeNo I started wearing my 661XX this week, really nice cut.
I don't usually wear anything that's tapered, but I find that it's not too dramatic or disproportional to the rest of the pattern.

Good to hear. Im looking forward to the 56 cut. I’m really enjoying the 51 already and since there’s not too much difference above the knee I’m hoping they’ll be just perfect. Have had them hemmed slightly shorter than the 51 too - might get the no break holy grail fit if I’m lucky. 
It’d be good to see the faded blue sweat. Im really looking for the that faded purple tone. I’ve seen a warehouse sweatshirt and hoodie that had that exact fade - and I think Neal was wearing a Mccoys thats that color too. It’d be ideal if this goes that way in future. 

Edited by UkeNo

On 3/4/2023 at 5:28 AM, Broark said:

Washed and dried all the sweatshirts yesterday and got a good amount of shrinkage, I usually hang dry them but wanted to get as much shrink as possible.
I'll take some comparison shots of the navy crewneck from last year vs the new hooded one to see how much the fabric has faded.
@UkeNo I started wearing my 661XX this week, really nice cut.
I don't usually wear anything that's tapered, but I find that it's not too dramatic or disproportional to the rest of the pattern.

Do you have post wash/dry measurements for the hoodie? Thinking of getting a 44 but measurements look big. Thanks!

@Jeef1 no problem see below, this was washed cold and spun dry for about ~30-45 min on medium heat.
Chest: 24 in.
Shoulders: 24 in.
Back length: 25.5 in.
Sleeves: 21.5 in.
Like @Duke Mantee mentioned this was designed with oversized shoulders, which explains the short sleeve measurements and boxy looking measurements.
And here are some photos of the new sweat vs the crewneck I got last year. It hasn't started fading much yet but it's getting there.
The most noticeable different is in the texture on the outside of the weave. When new it is very soft, but over time it has gotten a little more coarse.
Mq57sCy.jpg
jAcJo32.jpg
DkKULGp.jpg