Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

5 minutes ago, LazyS said:

@Duke Mantee What are some of your pieces you would never part with? Which haven't been worn in the longest?

Probably my jeans and the wabash I’d keep - I think it’s mostly heavier coats I haven’t worn so much. Too many items to list really … and maybe when push came to shove there might be items I think I don’t want and actually do - I dunno

I always liked the look of wabash but would probably end up as something sitting in the closet for years for me. Just curious for recommendations to keep in mind, not for a sale.  I'm really happy with my collection, the new jacket  was one I was looking for a long time.

Is anyone getting the fishboar?

hjJ20Ji.jpg

BBRRA9G.jpg

RKKGwft.jpg

2pZlz3b.jpg

I have similar feelings towards wabash, I feel like it's a little difficult for me to wear for some reason.
I like the look of the Ironalls wabash shirt after it's been worn a bit, but mine hasn't seen much frequent wear. Might try to incorporate it into the rotation more frequently.

And the figurines are funny, I'm a FW fan but not that much of a fan. They're not cheap!

5 hours ago, LazyS said:

I always liked the look of wabash but would probably end up as something sitting in the closet for years for me. Just curious for recommendations to keep in mind, not for a sale.  I'm really happy with my collection, the new jacket  was one I was looking for a long time.

Is anyone getting the fishboar?

hjJ20Ji.jpg

BBRRA9G.jpg

RKKGwft.jpg

2pZlz3b.jpg

What is that thing?

5 hours ago, vlad_III said:

What is that thing?

I could be wrong about this, but I think the inspiration is from one of the FW head honchos Kendo Maruyama, as he seems to be very into collectible figurines.
They've been listed as "advertisement figurines", so think of it kind of like a pair of those massive vintage Levi's that retailers used to hang in their shops as displays.
You can check his Instagram here and see some of his collectibles: https://www.instagram.com/kendomaruyama/
Also the figurines are much larger than I originally thought, the product photos don't really give them a proper sense of scale.
0Q544r7.png

14 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

@Double 0 Soul, do you still have/wear your FW jeans?

I do still have them, i like them a lot..  i stopped wearing them around 10yrs ago.. a few months after this photo was taken because i washed them and there was a small hole in the crotch

fullsizeoutput_2489.thumb.jpeg.afa0ba95f4c5631f0988a04402b89b41.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_194.thumb.jpeg.c953536b81fb8e05cd4c6a3e0bebfab8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4b7.thumb.jpeg.4b4e7edff074b32fe9b1947e3976d565.jpeg

...I dragged them out of retirement around 6yrs ago because both my pairs of CSF were in the wash.. wore them for a few days, still couldn't motivate myself to repair them and chucked them back on the pile..

fullsizeoutput_1715.thumb.jpeg.6f162f044fefcaadb2a399124b397711.jpeg

..and there they remain

^the Hair Bear bunch, great show! Hannah/Barbera? Anyway my thickly-veiled compliments are obviously just terms of endearment.

And you had some big hair in that shot - l remember being quite envious at the time. And that's before the denim tux steez swings into the equation.

Edited by Dr_Heech

11 hours ago, Broark said:

0Q544r7.png

Is it just me or does it look like they're trying really hard not to laugh.

Great photos 00. I go back and forth on how I feel about the denim that they use, but without question The Vanishing West’s hardware is some of my absolute favorite, likewise their variety of constructional threads

On 2/24/2023 at 7:42 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

I do still have them, i like them a lot..  i stopped wearing them around 10yrs ago.. a few months after this photo was taken because i washed them and there was a small hole in the crotch

...I dragged them out of retirement around 6yrs ago because both my pairs of CSF were in the wash.. wore them for a few days, still couldn't motivate myself to repair them and chucked them back on the pile..

..and there they remain

Get repairing and start rewearing.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:42 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

..and there they remain

They deserve to see battle again. What’s the size? I’ll buy em and repair and put them to abuse working construction