Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

I love the 47 cut. Tried mine on yesterday - they were too snug last year :blush2: - and was instantly reminded why l love them. Along with my Bootleggers 47's and SC47's, they have the drape (and a kind of atmosphere) which really reminds me of the few old pairs l once owned and wore. And just the right amount of nep.

Seiichiro makes it too easy! More goodies arrived the other day. Loving all the Freewheelers shirts I’ve picked up. Quality is always lovely and I really enjoy that the sleeve length hit just where I want them.

Others already mentioned the detailing on the skid row shirt and I’ll add one more. Noticed while wearing the two-toned runoff you get from the inside/outside threads of the side seam. Thought that was neat. I was eying the Trailblazer sweater for awhile and thought they were long sold out, but Seiichiro tracked one down for me. I was a bit anxious whether I got the correct size, but I think it’s a good fit and appropriate for the chunky knit material. I really like the sweater. 

4C9CE9A4-D2F5-4FBE-8B29-429CCA6E896D.thumb.jpeg.b767085a66775a74652b8dc4c1b94cca.jpeg7388545A-E7DD-4B6D-B33F-BD433E88CB52.thumb.jpeg.69c402078dea18769ad3c5fc2c43dee9.jpegAB44E367-503D-45FA-AE31-F5C3BCBAB1DB.thumb.jpeg.1070adac3c6a604c8b2ee20c2b14219d.jpeg

Edited by fabes

@Duke Mantee you’re probably best placed to answer this, given your impressive collection of FW coats and jackets. Do you find that the same size gives you the best fit in all styles?

@fabes I received the same sweater from Seiichiro recently too. It’s such a nice thing. And the fit looks great on you.

Edited by tjsma

2 hours ago, tjsma said:

@Duke Mantee you’re probably best placed to answer this, given your impressive collection of FW coats and jackets. Do you find that the same size gives you the best fit in all styles?

@fabes I received the same sweater from Seiichiro recently too. It’s such a nice thing. And the fit looks great on you.

I’m always a 40 … although some of the short leather jackets don’t look too bad in a 42 since they seem to be trimmer. Sizing is fairly consistent (allowing for cut/style) but I’m lucky I fall in the middle range AND I’m not paranoid about 0.5cm here and there …

38 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

You wait til you see the shirts cupboard !

:laugh2:

I thought that might be of interest to some of you. Those are 2 fairly recent FW bicolor sweatshirt, but the black & red model (just released) is the heavy weight. Indeed it weighs 765g when the white & blue weighs in at 570g. The other main difference is the detailing at the cuff. The black & red is wider and longer by 1/2", but it could just be because it's only been washed once, whereas the b&w has been washed several times.

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

On 2/12/2023 at 6:24 PM, shredwin_206 said:

oR9alYW.jpgFreewheelers 1927/1951 tux 

These look great. don't look too beat up, how long have you been wearing them and how do you wash and how often? apologize for the nerd question but always curious about black warp/ white weft denim as it can age really quickly

11 hours ago, xav22 said:

These look great. don't look too beat up, how long have you been wearing them and how do you wash and how often? apologize for the nerd question but always curious about black warp/ white weft denim as it can age really quickly

Those are the same black 601b from the photos I posted above. They’re 1951 cut. The texture shows up much more in better lighting. Can’t remember how long I’ve worn them but I wash and dry every 2-4 weeks 

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Wild how big the difference is in how worn they look between the flat photos and the waywt shot—I was just going based on the assumption that they must be a new pair

Yea the proper lighting really helps show the fades/texture. 
Theyr e pretty much washed grey and super grainy now