Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Like @Cozzie said the fabric of the new skid row has a ton of character, its brushed on the inside and is super soft.

WYEAGd2.jpg

g4RAyWN.jpg

smokey bear hat in olive drab next to a olive power wear thermal and forest green skid row

z2d6Qtr.jpg

SXXe6FP.jpg

XlD1SJW.jpg

comparison of the soot black afterhood  and jet black powerwear t with the rude black 601

2vtU5Y2.jpg

can go head 2 toe now

GNKbOKF.jpg

46/37 tux

Anyone looking at anything on yahoo auctions? I'm looking at something and hoping to avoid bidding against one of you

Edited by LazyS

Interesting that Pomata as I remember you said yours felt quite stubborn

My WW2 jeans have developed reasonably 'normal' and even the flannel lined 516XX jacket has a little wear - I bought these at the same time. 

However, my S506XX - which I bought 12 months+ later and have worn a reasonable amount, has no development.  I'd have expected a little at this stage.

No issues - it's all cool.  And the apparent rate-of-fade differences may be for entirely other reasons... but I was wondering if there was a later batch of denim that is slightly different (more stubborn)?

Prob won't get around to pics anytime soon but my flannel lined 516xx definitely has some wear and I've only had it for a few months now. It's nothing remarkable but more than I'd though have at this point. We'll see how it goes but right now I'm not seeing it to be stubborn.

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

Interesting that Pomata as I remember you said yours felt quite stubborn

My WW2 jeans have developed reasonably 'normal' and even the flannel lined 516XX jacket has a little wear - I bought these at the same time. 

However, my S506XX - which I bought 12 months+ later and have worn a reasonable amount, has no development.  I'd have expected a little at this stage.

No issues - it's all cool.  And the apparent rate-of-fade differences may be for entirely other reasons... but I was wondering if there was a later batch of denim that is slightly different (more stubborn)?

Yes definitely stubborn, in a good way. I really love the overall ‘repro’ vibe, I mean the strong antifit they have at the beginning and how they slowly take shape. That’s really cool. 

Edited by pomata

44 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

What do you mean wide fit?

Room in the thighs, high waist, little to no taper.

1 minute ago, LazyS said:

I assume I was imagining things but wondered if the s601 with the flannel had some waterproofing on it, but I couldn't remember how the olive pair was when new for comparison.

Buster, the new 37 601xxc feels pretty wide

Thanks - I'll look into those. Is there a recommended online store? 

5 hours ago, busterthehuman said:

Hey friends - I want to try some Freewheelers denim and am looking for a straight / wide fit jean. What model is recommended? 

Thanks!

I wanted something wide (close to 9” hem for size 30ish) and realized FW just wasn’t gonna be it, fwiw. The 37s are closer though. 

10 hours ago, busterthehuman said:

Hey friends - I want to try some Freewheelers denim and am looking for a straight / wide fit jean. What model is recommended? 

Thanks!

As it was already mentioned you may want to refer to Duke's table -- look through some pages back here. And, contact Seiichiro-san (hoosier at IG), he will provide you with pictures/measurements. Hoosier is also a great place for ordering.

5 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

1922 cut is widest and straightest 

I am still trying to find a pair of these, keeping my fingers crossed that I'll run across a pair on Yahoo someday.
Giving my 601XXC 1937's a break today, almost 3 months in them so far with one initial wash. Really enjoying the new denim so far.
qEAVCk9.jpg
HczvETN.jpg
ydsrqEP.jpg
013P52m.jpg
cp6dTSo.jpg
Hf6ue5O.jpg
Also I like the 30's detail of the chainstitched out seam only being present on the left leg.
XwpVTj7.jpg

@Duke Mantee True, I just would like to have the exposed back pocket rivets, suspender buttons and the other 20's details. But the 37's are keeping my interest.
Was the denim used on the '22 much different? Looks pretty similar to the standard 601 mainline offerings, but I'm sure the recipe was slightly tweaked.

19 hours ago, Broark said:

@Duke Mantee True, I just would like to have the exposed back pocket rivets, suspender buttons and the other 20's details. But the 37's are keeping my interest.
Was the denim used on the '22 much different? Looks pretty similar to the standard 601 mainline offerings, but I'm sure the recipe was slightly tweaked.

The 22 denim is totally different to the 37s … much more similar to standard 601xx

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

The 22 denim is totally different to the 37s … much more similar to standard 601xx

Is the 601xx 51’s denim the standard denim? I really like it. It’s a bit irregular and has a lovely rich indigo tone. 

I also think the 51cut might be a Goldilocks of sorts. Very comfortable starlight away and sits just right.
might have to get a 47 to Compare it to (for science, not greed obviously) 

Edited by UkeNo

@UkeNo I'd say that '47 and '51 are the 601XX "standard denim", they're both a little different but nearly indistinguishable from one another.
That being said I don't own the standard '47 or '51, but I do have the 661XX '56 which use the '51 denim and I like them quite a bit.
Once my '37 are a little more broken in I plan on wearing the '56 a bit more regularly. I'll probably try out the '47 eventually.