Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

@lee porter Sorry Lee, I actually don't own a pair of '51s so I can't comment on the rise in comparison.

2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Spring collection being previewed

Some nice looking stuff in there, I see a closed front jumper and maybe some overalls with my name on 'em... :ph34r:

22 hours ago, Broark said:

A few more odds and ends.
661XX 1956 & 601XXC 1937 (with a fit pic of the 601XXC 1937, managed to get the length perfect on these for a change!)
nKYYS6e.jpg

Jenkins workshirt.
JQYQv7A.jpg
qHmlRBJ.jpg

Good stuff.

Is the 37 and 56 denim also quite neppy?
How do you like it compared to the "older" FW denim?

How do you like the shirt?
The cloth looks nice and solid. And beautiful colour.
On the pics it looks basically like a persimmon block check (similar to that by SDA), while on other pics the green also shows, which then reminds me a little bit of the recent camouflage colour block check shirt by  Deluxeware (still quite different of course).

studio-d-artisan-5659-kakishibu-heavywei

Fc_aoUdacAA-j1J.jpg

6 minutes ago, indigoeagle said:

Is the 37 and 56 denim also quite neppy?
How do you like it compared to the "older" FW denim?

How do you like the shirt?
The cloth looks nice and solid. And beautiful colour.
On the pics it looks basically like a persimmon block check (similar to that by SDA), while on other pics the green also shows, which then reminds me a little bit of the recent camouflage colour block check shirt by  Deluxeware (still quite different of course).

The 30s denim feels a bit more irregular from a texture perspective, lots of little flecks and nubs here and there without looking garish. The 661XX are using the '51 denim if I'm not mistaken.
The shirt is great, the flannel is very supple and soft right off the bat, unlike some other brands where they feel a little more rigid when new. The weave actually has three colors which are a bit hard see unless you really look closely at it. FW lists these as khaki, green and olive despite. Of course the weather decided to warm up again so I haven't had a chance to wear it yet, but I should be able to break it out in a few days.

Is incredible how those 601B are soft, like sweat pants. when I got them I washed them in 30 degrees. in waist they shrank 1 cm, same as in inseam. first 2 days I needn't belt, third day yes, because they started to fall down over my hips. fit is perfect and photos of fit pics I will present after couple of more weeks.

the woodsman Bridgeport vest in size 42 sits on me like skin. now I wear it over jacket, but not buttoned and with just T-shirt under is also great. it looks great . photos same as with 601B

Plan for 601xx 1951 is to start with them in New Year 

@Broark and @LazyS how are yours 661Z in legs ? along Duke's visual guide in my size W33, they are quite strongly tapered. what are yours hem width ? @Duke Mantee what is your opinion on 661Z ? Yes, it's 60's cut. Top block seems to me more than OK, but the legs are going in size W33 to 20 cm at hem width. Even my LVC 1966 in W34 (after many washes) have hem around 21 cm.

Is there precedent for Freewheelers using the same fabrics as other companies? I’ve gotten the impression that most of what they use is made to spec, but I recently picked up a flannel Stromberg shirt (1533006) and the fabric is a dead match to the fabric used by The Flat Head for their HN-52 and related shirts. Works out well for me—it’s a long-time favorite—but it does come as a bit of a surprise. Anyone have further info?

21 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Is there precedent for Freewheelers using the same fabrics as other companies? I’ve gotten the impression that most of what they use is made to spec, but I recently picked up a flannel Stromberg shirt (1533006) and the fabric is a dead match to the fabric used by The Flat Head for their HN-52 and related shirts. Works out well for me—it’s a long-time favorite—but it does come as a bit of a surprise. Anyone have further info?

I had a similar thought pop up - the sizing tag on my WH jeans and my FW jacket seem identical (except for the numbers), and I wondered if they shared a factory with Warehouse - which honestly wouldn't really surprise me given the limited knowledge I have of how all this stuff gets made. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

Thanks @Broark , but how do you feel in ? hem width is on my acceptable border. maybe not to think too much and do break in my denim accumulation, as I wrote before.... :huh:

but I think we all have denim addiction....

Edited by vIGGiou riou

@vIGGiou riou I like them a lot with sneakers and lower profile shoes, I just won't ever wear them with boots.
Since the top block is pretty relaxed they don't feel like an overly slim / tapered cut.
They're the most tapered jeans I own but they still feel pretty comfortable and fit well.

@LazyS the Deck Worker parka is great, especially for the climate here.
It's not very insulated, meaning I can wear it more regularly since it doesn't get all that cold. But the jungle cloth is pretty wind-resistant, so it acts as a nice outer layer.
The collar area design is a little clunky during the first few wears while the fabric is still stiff. Now that it's settled a little it doesn't stick out or lay down awkwardly if that makes sense.

On 12/1/2022 at 8:01 PM, julian-wolf said:

It’s very possible Julian - a lot of their fabrics are very much their own design - but not all. They always use their own threads and hardware AFAIK. There’s been a couple of fabrics I thought ‘looked familiar’ and I asked the same question … both times it was demonstrated they were different regardless of how similar they looked.

The Stromberg fabric does look like that Flathead shirt fabric (reversed) but I think I see slight differences in the weave too … but that’s only by looking at different pics (I have the Stromberg but never owned FH shirts)

9 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Good info, thanks. I’m pretty sure it’s a dead match (besides, as you say, being reversed), but will lay out the two next to each other later on and take some photos to compare more directly.

Great stuff - you’re probably right - as I said I only have one to comment on so seeing both side by side will sort that out.

4gc1X2E.jpgoNSA8A8.jpg
Skid Row I believe? 
was really excited to get a great deal on this shirt off eBay. Sadly it’s pilly as all hell. Description said lightly worn….  
Either way I’ll need to track down a lint shaver of some sort. 
besides that the fit is spot on. Pairs nicely with 601b