Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Thank you both of you guys @shredwin_206 and @Duke Mantee . All logic. I am 5'12" (184 cm) and 185-190lbs (84-86 kg). And when I see your fit shredwin, they sit you more than perfect. And I am sure due to your hard job you wash them more frequent then other members of this forum. Yes in MFSC I m W34, but they are raw and my routine is double wash in start, so along postmeasurements they finished as W33. With LVC is another story, because W34 always after more than 10 washes finish as W32...

As you wrote Duke, the fabric in OW version is almost without shrinkage with next washes, so there is not danger to not to close upper button. What I saw on your visual guide of different models of FW in size 33, I think there is even enough room in top block (F-rise more than 30cm and B-rise more than 40 cm). (btw that guide safed me a lot of time surfing in net. it is really very helpful) I mean now 601 1951. As Seiichiro measured in waist is almost 84 cm (W34 are 85 cm) and my ideal waist is 84-86 cm not to suffer, you can see it on his picture. But I am more worrying with 601B. As you write, there is due to the stiffness of denim less space for stratching. And on the picture is also visible difference in waist. It looks like 81 cm in waist. Unfortunately Seiichiro has no Size W34. I was searching in the other online shops without success. all SOLD.

With Vest is similar. I am 65 years, so no danger to gain the waight. But still 3x per week I push up some iron to be fit. And due to that, there is problem of chest. Vest is really slim fit even in chest and Seiichiro has no size 44 :o(. Tried also same as with 601B, but with the same result.

Do you have guys some tip where is another possibility to shop FW ?

image0.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Edited by vIGGiou riou

8 hours ago, vIGGiou riou said:

@Flash I would like to ask you for advice with size of Bridgeport Woodsman Vest, which you presented on page 104. I have all jackets (different brands) in size 42. Seiichiro send me measurements and the Vest in size 42 seems to me small in chest - 53 cm (106 cm). I think you are size 40 and you bought size 40. Please how is your experience with that size ? I would like to wear it not only in summer, but as layer also in winter on thin sweater, or sweatshirt.

Thanks 

I'm in between a 38 and 40 in most brands and the vest does fit quite slim , I can wear it over a sweat or light jacket easily enough 

Like Duke said , trust Seiichiro's measurements and if you think it looks small then it probably is 

17 hours ago, vIGGiou riou said:

As you wrote Duke, the fabric in OW version is almost without shrinkage with next washes, so there is not danger to not to close upper button. What I saw on your visual guide of different models of FW in size 33, I think there is even enough room in top block (F-rise more than 30cm and B-rise more than 40 cm). (btw that guide safed me a lot of time surfing in net. it is really very helpful) I mean now 601 1951. As Seiichiro measured in waist is almost 84 cm (W34 are 85 cm) and my ideal waist is 84-86 cm not to suffer, you can see it on his picture. But I am more worrying with 601B. As you write, there is due to the stiffness of denim less space for stratching.

If you are 33W in 1951 then you will be 33W in 601B - the fabric is stiffer to begin BUT it will stretch to the same as 1951. Sometimes you just need to persevere a little, but I think you would be ok.

Edited by Duke Mantee

Great. Thanks to all for the help.....

I think with 601B, will be just couple of days more time to be comfortable in waist. In other parts of top block, I think there will be all ok. and if after washing it would waist go back, there is still on SuFu favourite stick method, which can keep waist in demanded size :o)  

Another Yahoo Auctions find (for more than half off retail), Trailblazer sweater in brown.
Quite the heavy knit, fortunately we're going through a cold spell right now. Initially the wool feels a little itchy to me, so I'll probably wear a t-shirt underneath it.
SpTXi92.jpg
5nqKW1s.jpg

Y1fz3Y1.jpgthe 601b will fade nicely. These are about 3/4” too long in the inseam so I tend to walk on them a bit without shoes. Good to show how the creases and fades will end up ;) 

So I've washed and put a week's wear into my 601XXCs... lovely jeans, lovely denim... already feeling soft compared to the WW2s 

Some raw pics and then after a couple of 40C washes, hang dry and easy wear for around a week... plus measurements for those interested in that kind of thing

2022112 FW 601 XXC Pre-wash 1.jpg

20221126 FW 601 XXC After 1 Week Wear 2.jpg

20221125 FW 601XXC Measurements.JPG

A few more odds and ends.
661XX 1956 & 601XXC 1937 (with a fit pic of the 601XXC 1937, managed to get the length perfect on these for a change!)
nKYYS6e.jpg
OkmVzKs.jpg
Grease Monkey overalls in olive denim and brown chino.
c1MOuQE.jpg
INMdG7s.jpg
xB7rMVG.jpg
SZu0RQ9.jpg
Undershirt in the new size 46, jet black (FW jet black always looks more brown to me).
GJZSeTh.jpg
OwrDxZG.jpg
Jenkins workshirt.
JQYQv7A.jpg
qHmlRBJ.jpg

@JMS yup went TTS on the Grease Monkeys, wore the olive pair yesterday and they feel a little big.
The olive denim is also very soft. Seiichiro washed them again before hemming so there's no starch / rigidity at all, they feel like pajamas now.
I have a jet black tee as well that reads more brown, the nomenclature must be on purpose. :D