Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

19 hours ago, vlad_III said:

No mate. If I were I wouldn’t have to ask you. You sounded a bit over protective there when it came to his granny. 

Some people take fun in painting or stitching arcs, and some people's grandmothers help them do it.

52 minutes ago, Talan said:

Some people take fun in painting or stitching arcs, and some people's grandmothers help them do it.

Yeah mate. Totally get it. 
I’m somehow not into the arcs at all. Was just wondering. Never got it but to each their own. 

11 minutes ago, vlad_III said:

Yeah mate. Totally get it. 
I’m somehow not into the arcs at all. Was just wondering. Never got it but to each their own. 

In the early years of my denim obsession I didn't like the arcs at all, and I was trying to get jeans without arcs. Then it turned out that I wanted to buy some jeans  from brands which were using arcs almost all the time, like The Flat Head, Iron Heart, Strike Gold, etc. Now almost all the jeans I'm interested in are from repro camp, like OA, FW, and so on which come without arcs, but then again I'm used to arcs already and they don't embarrass me anymore. And the Warehouse's approach, with not one but two Levi's arcs on each pocket gives some room for imagination and experiment, seem to be fun.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:47 PM, MJF9 said:

@ken1123 I'm curious... what's wrong with uneven selvedge?  

Has the uneven selvedge resulted in any draping differences?

If no draping or wear related issues, it sounds like you got lucky with these.  It makes your pair (most likely) unique. Possibly your own dirty little denim secret :)

No issue at all

Probably getting uneven train tracks with wearing :D

I would like to have eneven selvage to have a different original train track than the others ..... I can agree with the answer of FW headquarter. It's originality we expect from handcrafted pants, as they were done in past.... enjoy them....

5 hours ago, MJF9 said:

@LazyS Good eye - they were sharp out of the factory but kindly and helpfully rounded by Seiichiro

Mavis will be tutting at the checkout. “Why does he have post-60s rounded rivets on a pair of late 30s cinchbacks? Some people have no idea about authenticity!”

It's pretty impressive that the person sewing the jeans up noticed the uneven panels and made the effort to adjust the seam allowance so that the legs still came out even. It can be seen as one of the perks of working with a respected factory that isn't high pressure churning out product as fast as they can...My guess is that the panel size difference was within the factory's standards so it's up the sewer to make the adjustments so the final product fit as expected.  Personally the aesthetics of it wouldn't bother me but I can understand if it did bother someone else. 

14 hours ago, Talan said:

In the early years of my denim obsession I didn't like the arcs at all, and I was trying to get jeans without arcs. Then it turned out that I wanted to buy some jeans  from brands which were using arcs almost all the time, like The Flat Head, Iron Heart, Strike Gold, etc. Now almost all the jeans I'm interested in are from repro camp, like OA, FW, and so on which come without arcs, but then again I'm used to arcs already and they don't embarrass me anymore. And the Warehouse's approach, with not one but two Levi's arcs on each pocket gives some room for imagination and experiment, seem to be fun.

We go thru different phases. I’ve never liked the heavies and never understood the arcs, especially the elaborate ones like Flathead. But my taste has obviously changed since my Onis. 

@aho not tight in the waist at all, these actually stretch easily and sag a bit after some wear so I wear a belt with them. I think you would likely also be a 36 in these!
Here are the current measurements after a wash before stretching out.
Waist: 35.5 in.
Front rise: 13.25 in.
Back rise: 18.25 in.
Thigh: 14.25 in.
Knee: 11 in.
Hem: 9 in.
Inseam: 32 in. (these haven't been hemmed)

Please, can someone help me with sizing 601 1951 and 601B ? Some of denim I have are in size W33 (RMC, SC,...) some in Size W34 (LVC, MSFC). Seiichiro sent me measurements of both sizes which seems to me quite very similar. In waist is difference 1 cm, in thigh 0,5 cm. Will One Wash version shrink noticeably after couple of washing ? And how much this fabric stretches ? The same with inseam. Sure there will be still some shrinkage, but will be more than 1 cm ? In FW I am blank. It would be my entry to FW's. And also, how is it with space in top block ? 

Especially I would like to ask for an opinion expert of FW's Mr. @Duke Mantee, but I would appreciate all of experiences of the owners of those models.

Thanks

Edited by vIGGiou riou

@Flash I would like to ask you for advice with size of Bridgeport Woodsman Vest, which you presented on page 104. I have all jackets (different brands) in size 42. Seiichiro send me measurements and the Vest in size 42 seems to me small in chest - 53 cm (106 cm). I think you are size 40 and you bought size 40. Please how is your experience with that size ? I would like to wear it not only in summer, but as layer also in winter on thin sweater, or sweatshirt.

Thanks 

Edited by vIGGiou riou

3 hours ago, vIGGiou riou said:

Please, can someone help me with sizing 601 1951 and 601B ? Some of denim I have are in size W33 (RMC, SC,...) some in Size W34 (LVC, MSFC). Seiichiro sent me measurements of both sizes which seems to me quite very similar. In waist is difference 1 cm, in thigh 0,5 cm. Will One Wash version shrink noticeably after couple of washing ? And how much this fabric stretches ? The same with inseam. Sure there will be still some shrinkage, but will be more than 1 cm ? In FW I am blank. It would be my entry to FW's. And also, how is it with space in top block ? 

Especially I would like to ask for an opinion expert of FW's Mr. @Duke Mantee, but I would appreciate all of experiences of the owners of those models.

Thanks

As @shredwin_206 said - if you know your size in one model then almost certainly you’ll take the same size in other models. The 1951 and 601B are fairly similar in cut too so that should give you a bit more confidence. 

FW one wash don’t shrink - or at most will shrink a very small amount - nothing to adjust your sizing for.

The 601B is a slightly stiffer fabric than the 1951 and I’ve noticed it took a little longer for the waistband to stretch.

3 hours ago, vIGGiou riou said:

@Flash I would like to ask you for advice with size of Bridgeport Woodsman Vest, which you presented on page 104. I have all jackets (different brands) in size 42. Seiichiro send me measurements and the Vest in size 42 seems to me small in chest - 53 cm (106 cm). I think you are size 40 and you bought size 40. Please how is your experience with that size ? I would like to wear it not only in summer, but as layer also in winter on thin sweater, or sweatshirt.

Thanks 

FW vests are quite trim in the chest normally - I take a 40 in nearly all FW jackets, but always take a 42 in vests.

Trust Seiichiro with measurements … but I’d be guessing you need to go up a size.