Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

2 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

How often do Freewheelers remake the Ironalls shirts? 

That’s too random to quantify mate - it’s a sub brand that’s used to build or boost certain parts of a theme in a collection. So it normally depends on what theme FW have in their head for a particular season

On 10/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, MJF9 said:

Sized this 516XX so there's plenty of space for layers in winter - it's fast become my watching-kids-football jacket 

20221009 Freewheelers 516XX 99.jpg

I'm looking for a more generous fitting denim jacket for colder weather and layering. How'd you size this compared to your normals? One up? I'm a 38 in mf/sc for example, but somehow the 42 is looking like the right fit (if I can track one down). Never purchased FW before, so any sizing insight is helpful. 

40 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I'm looking for a more generous fitting denim jacket for colder weather and layering. How'd you size this compared to your normals? One up? I'm a 38 in mf/sc for example, but somehow the 42 is looking like the right fit (if I can track one down). Never purchased FW before, so any sizing insight is helpful. 

The MF Ranch Blouse I had many years ago was a 40 - I’m a 40 in nearly all FW jackets. I think going from a MF 38 to a FW 42 is a bit of a leap

6 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

The MF Ranch Blouse I had many years ago was a 40 - I’m a 40 in nearly all FW jackets. I think going from a MF 38 to a FW 42 is a bit of a leap

That's how I feel too, but the ranch blouse is pretty fitted on me - esp through the chest and shoulders (not really room for a layer) - and the sleeves are just barely long enough - so that and my desire to layer comfortably have a sweater/sweatshirt on underneath is why I'm not quite sure. Thanks for the insight here though, it's giving me pause. 

2 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I just went by the measurements and would suggest sticking with that approach.  I normally cross-check what various sites' measurements are to test for consistency.  Duke's your man for which site normally measures most accurately (not saying he can vouch for it though!).  His mate from Hoosier has sent me actual pics of the garment being measured so you can't beat that if he's got what you want in stock.

I have a few size 44 Freewheelers jackets which are a comfortable fit, though there are the expected nuances between styles. That's the size that has worked so far.

The 516XX above is a 46 which is the right size with heavier layers - anything less I'd feel like the Michellin man.  I often wear it with the Trailblazer jumper and a shirt under that. Plus it's got a flannel lining as well to factor in.  I could wear it with a t-shirt but wouldn't as I've got others that fit much better with a t-shirt.

2 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

That's how I feel too, but the ranch blouse is pretty fitted on me - esp through the chest and shoulders (not really room for a layer) - and the sleeves are just barely long enough - so that and my desire to layer comfortably have a sweater/sweatshirt on underneath is why I'm not quite sure. Thanks for the insight here though, it's giving me pause. 

Ok - so a MF is maybe a bit small on you? Then as @MJF9 said, going up a size might not be so problematic. What model are you looking at specifically?

5 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Ok - so a MF is maybe a bit small on you? Then as @MJF9 said, going up a size might not be so problematic. What model are you looking at specifically?

It fits great with a t shirt. I'm proportioned a little weird - in general I'm usually between a small and a medium but my chest/shoulders specifically are a squeeze in even most mediums that don't have giving fabrics, so when something fits nicely overall in terms of length it's often still a bit tight through the chest and/or shoulders - I just deal with it, but don't necessarily like it. The ranch jacket has enough room up top due to its cut but with layers it gets to be a little bit tight - doable, but still not my favorite - esp through the upper back/shoulders.

In this case I am okay with jacket that's a little long in the body and sleeves esp if it means I can comfortably layer and have more room up top. That said, gonna get out a few jackets and remeasure because if the 40 is roomy enough I'd rather go that way. My concern in particular is the shoulders - in my 38 ranch blouse they're 17.75" and the size 40 FW is 18" - with the lining I'm guessing it will feel about the same. Pit to pit is about an inch more generous on the FW and that might help to make enough difference but also hard to directly compare different cuts in my experience. 

Looking at same one 516xx btw - have been eyeing a lined jacket for some time and the weather is starting to demand it now. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

@AlientoyWorkmachine what’s your height and weight? 
I’m 5’11” and 200lbs and a 42 in my FW 1927 jacket. 
I went off the measurements available and was worried it might be a bit small but ended up being perfect. 

14 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@AlientoyWorkmachine what’s your height and weight? 
I’m 5’11” and 200lbs and a 42 in my FW 1927 jacket. 
I went off the measurements available and was worried it might be a bit small but ended up being perfect. 

That's helpful - I'm def smaller, 5'8" 150 lbs, At any rate, I've got measurements from Hoosier to ponder/compare now - they're not exactly the same as the ones I was referencing so now pondering the 40 more. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine