Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

On 9/20/2022 at 6:57 PM, Flash said:

Some more Freewheelers stuff arrived today 

20220920_185345

506xx and the deck worker parka 

Those deck worker parkas are jungle cloth aren’t they? Are they waterproof or water resistant?

@Flash - did you get them Hoosier?

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Those deck worker parkas are jungle cloth aren’t they? Are they waterproof or water resistant?

@Flash - did you get them Hoosier?

Jungle cloth isn’t water proof - so they coated it in paraffin wax to improve that aspect. It’s quite windproof though so excellent for layering.

16 hours ago, lee porter said:

Brilliant any information on it please duke

Not dissimilar to the 661zxx - no zip this time obviously, and less taper from the knee. Back pockets are narrower, same denim as 51s and 47s. rust protection on the buttons and 3 colours of thread although mainly gold colour.

3 hours ago, lee porter said:

I have the 51 in a 34/34and got them hemmed to a 30 I don’t think they had the 30 leg then If I get a 34/30 would they be the same pattern or is it slightly different as the tapering to hem is shorter appreciate any help cheers lee

FW don’t make a 30 inseam in denim AFAIK - the hem difference between the 51 and these isn’t very much so you could probably hem to the same length without issues

2 hours ago, lee porter said:

:huh2:I was thinking I might get another 51 if the pattern is different on the shorter leg am I over thinking this 

Apologies - that’s a typo on my part mate “FW don’t make a 30 inseam in denim AFAIK” should’ve been “FW don’t make a 30 inseam in the 56 denim AFAIK” … all I meant was I believe these will just be the standard 32 inseam (normally it’s just permanent products that are made with short, standard and/or long inseams)

But I actually don’t have a clue what you’re thinking mate and it seems ‘yes’, you are definitely ‘overthinking’ things based on the questions you’re throwing around

So what are you actually looking for?

Edited by Duke Mantee

Yes - I think I know what you’re getting at. There has to be a slight pattern adjustment for each size made. But these are quite small adjustments … so I’m still asking the question what are you after?

Plus if you’ve been on the speedway site you got access to the measurement charts - no?

30 minutes ago, lee porter said:

I think I’ve got my answers going to try the 30 leg to see if there’s any difference cheers for your time duke most appreciated 

Ok

Not sure you’re going to end up with anything much different from your other 51s though - maybe a wee bit on the hem

I think you want to be measuring your current pair and compare against the chart to give you an idea before you splash the cash

How much slimmer through the thighs is the 661 that the various 601s? The upper thigh measurements don’t seem too different, but they look like they taper down a good bit more through the mid-though—is this more or less accurate?

43 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

How much slimmer through the thighs is the 661 that the various 601s? The upper thigh measurements don’t seem too different, but they look like they taper down a good bit more through the mid-though—is this more or less accurate?

Yeah, that pretty much sums them up. Subtlety in cut and detail