Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

9 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Sure it is—it’s just centered around different sorts of sports and rooted in a different era 

Tell me the sport and era here and I’ll cede to your knowledge of FW

60566-FFD-83-A4-45-E4-90-FA-FFA9-F10-EBA

8 hours ago, JohnM said:

So, do I have it right -- Ultima Thule is made by FW but with synthetic materials?

Not only synthetics but it’s certainly a mainstay

@Duke Mantee You’ve got me there—I still haven’t been able to figure out what the deal is with the Sierra shirt, no matter how many times I see it pop up

Then again, don’t all outdoorsy / sportswear companies release a few more standard city clothes now and then? I’m sure I’ve seen folks wearing almost that exact same shirt around here, but made from a poly–cotton blend and with a Patagonia logo on the pocket…I’m not sure that occasional wanderings away from true “sportswear” can be taken to detract much from their overall standing as sportswear brand

Edited by julian-wolf

5 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

@Duke Mantee You’ve got me there—I still haven’t been able to figure out what the deal is with the Sierra shirt, no matter how many times I see it pop up

Then again, don’t all outdoorsy / sportswear companies release a few more standard city clothes now and then? I’m sure I’ve seen folks wearing almost that exact same shirt around here, but made from a poly–cotton blend and with a Patagonia logo on the pocket…I’m not sure that occasional wanderings away from true “sportswear” can be taken to detract much from their overall standing as sportswear brand

Sounds very much like you’ve went from ‘sure it is’ to something a lot less sure

That sub-sub-label includes quite a collection of shirts, mufflers/scarves, coats, trousers and caps - a few of which you might connect directly to sport, such as the 1913 Warm-up Coat; some of which you might actually expect to see under the Forestry Bubo you mention; and many of which have no immediate connection such as the Cassady casquette and the Franklin shirt … until you start to think of sport which is leisure which actually means casual or less formal wear.

11 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Paging @Duke Mantee did we ever get a proper breakdown of the FW denim jackets? 
looking through the thread I see a 

1920s 
1930s   
then a couple different 1940s styles? 

No - sorry buddy - I never got ‘round to doing the jackets as I did the jeans. I’ll see if I can get a bit of time and pull something together

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chicote said:

Those do fit you great shred, do you plan to hem them or keep as is? I like the fit now but think they’d look good either way.

These will stay as is. I’m happy with length and after some washes I think I’ll have a bit more shrink. 

11 hours ago, Flash said:

Got a couple pairs of 47's a few weeks back 

Bit of hip flare but it will settle with wear and I quite like a bit of flare on fuller cuts 

I think they look great - it’s nice seeing jeans worn at different lengths - 2 good examples on this page alone.

For me the hip flare is one of those essentials on particular cuts of good repros and it adds a lot of character … but I totally get that some folk balk at them