Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

21 minutes ago, Flash said:

No fake gussets either , that overlooking is soo pretty 

Yes, down with fake gussets! I have a couple of Sunray sweatshirts that are great in all respects but that — it irks me, though I know precisely zero people in my daily life care one way or the other. I have a BR sweat headed my way that I suspect will have cut that same corner. Cushman, McCoys Ballpark and Runabout Goods all receive the gusset stamp of approval.

The chest is where it's most snug - so a little tight but not button-poppingly tight

I've only worn it once but noticed it loosened a little with wear, as I'd expect 

Yep, shoulders are good, as is sleeve length (the sleeves are quite slim).  I can button the collar but wouldn't.

I suspect 17.5 would be a bit better but 17 is all fine, I think, provided it comes out the (cool) wash the same

• 3 weeks later...

Good mail day today, thanks to Hoosier as always. ;)
I have more detail pics, just didn't want to spam.
If anyone is interested in seeing anything specifically just let me know.
Jungle fatigues.
skufs4i.jpg
601RB.
RY0qlmr.jpg
Garage crew shorts.
ViOV6V3.jpg
DR Special tee.
Yn0GSEC.jpg
hMPMvqM.jpg
Bubo tee and tote.
M4myPTx.jpg
ZGGbQyJ.jpg
6HRmYW3.jpg
Mugs.
I3mIYXU.jpg

14 minutes ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

@Broark how does one go about purchasing from Hoosier? I’m interested in the Bubo t. Is it Instagram or email or just a selected group of people? 

Get him on IG @hoosier_clothing_store or e-mail [email protected] … his name is Seiichiro Kato and speaks very good english, and is supernaturally helpful

@UkeNo yup got the 36, the inseam does measure ~28 in., but somehow it works. I think it’s because the rise is pretty long, so they feel like they wear closer to a 30-32 inseam. I also have stubby legs in spite of my height. I’ll get some fit pics up of them soon. Also the legs are really full (which I don’t mind), think it’ll be less noticeable once the fabric settles in a little.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:28 AM, Broark said:

@UkeNo yup got the 36, the inseam does measure ~28 in., but somehow it works. I think it’s because the rise is pretty long, so they feel like they wear closer to a 30-32 inseam. I also have stubby legs in spite of my height. I’ll get some fit pics up of them soon. Also the legs are really full (which I don’t mind), think it’ll be less noticeable once the fabric settles in a little.

Thanks for this. Might have just pushed me to buy them. 
I was also thinking of picking up the 601RB as well ;)

@UkeNo here's a fit pic of the jungle fatigues, I only have them slightly cinched at the bottom.
I also have them pulled way up in this photo, there's a ton of rise so they can be worn a little lower for the extra length.
I'm 6'3" for reference.
pBDsAZS.jpeg

On 8/11/2022 at 8:09 PM, Broark said:

@UkeNo here's a fit pic of the jungle fatigues, I only have them slightly cinched at the bottom.
I also have them pulled way up in this photo, there's a ton of rise so they can be worn a little lower for the extra length.
I'm 6'3" for reference.
pBDsAZS.jpeg

Thanks for this. 
I’m 6ft and the inseam is the same on the 34, I also don’t mind wearing them a little lower. So all looks good. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, julian-wolf said:

What’s the deal with Ultima Thule, anyway?

It's my first Ultima Thule item so I'm not super familiar with it, but my understanding is that it is geared more towards technical / modern outdoor gear.
This tee is made from woven poly / nylon. Picked it up to wear whenever it finally cools off, seems like a good basic. The fabric is substantial but seems pretty breathable. 
I also somehow don't own any long sleeved tees, just a lot of sweats so this fills a gap.

6 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

^ Sportswear

There must be more to it than that—Bubo Sports Togs is all "sportswear", too, but in a very different (and very specific) sense. With how coherent and self-contained all of the other sub-brands seem to be, it's hard to believe that any one-word descriptor could suffice. That said, I've had a much harder time understanding where they're meant to come from than I have with any other sub-brands, so maybe it really is just that much more straightforward than what I'm expecting…

Bubo isn’t ‘sportswear’ except in the loosest sense. But you’re right ‘sportswear’ doesn’t convey the whole story; Ultima Thule is focused on a modern outdoor sporting aesthetic - perhaps you could say it’s FW take on Patagonia or somesuch, but in some cases they’ve also tried to mix and match modern fabrics with what might be thought of as garments with a historical backdrop (i.e. the styles of clothes you’d normally expect to see from FW), which I think was to help gain acceptance with this new direction.

11 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Bubo isn’t ‘sportswear’ except in the loosest sense. But you’re right ‘sportswear’ doesn’t convey the whole story […]

Sure it is—it’s just centered around different sorts of sports and rooted in a different era (I’m talking specifically about Bubo Sports Togs; I’d agree that Forestry Bubo doesn’t seem very sports-oriented, just as the name would suggest).

Anyway, this does help my understanding, thanks. I’ve found a few of their styles appealing, but I still have trouble getting myself interested in any synthetic clothing, which most of their catalog seems to be. Maybe one day I’ll convince myself to give it a shot.