Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

I know this has been asked before, but does the diaper butt on FW ever settle? I just recieved the 601RB pair in 36 from Mirror Ball and I'm seeing it quite a bit on a side view. I have a bigger butt/legs than most so I'm sure there's no issue there :biggrin:.The fit of the jean is good everywhere else, with it being only a tad bit large on the waist. I have 601 1951 pair in a 34 that has more of a hip flare with no butt wedgie, but unfortunately it seems like the 34 in the 601rb would be too small. Debating if i should wear this a bit and wash often to see if the denim settles on that area or if I shold just cut my losses and sell them off. 

1 hour ago, Lazerr said:

I know this has been asked before, but does the diaper butt on FW ever settle? I just recieved the 601RB pair in 36 from Mirror Ball and I'm seeing it quite a bit on a side view. I have a bigger butt/legs than most so I'm sure there's no issue there :biggrin:.The fit of the jean is good everywhere else, with it being only a tad bit large on the waist. I have 601 1951 pair in a 34 that has more of a hip flare with no butt wedgie, but unfortunately it seems like the 34 in the 601rb would be too small. Debating if i should wear this a bit and wash often to see if the denim settles on that area or if I shold just cut my losses and sell them off. 

If you wear the 1951 in a 34 waist you should be wearing the 601RB in a 34 waist

@Duke Mantee Yeah, I should have listen to Broark on that recommendation. When I checked the waist measurements for the 601rb in 34, they seemed pretty small at 85cm as compared to my 601 1951's but mirror balls measurements seem to run smaller than other places. I think I'll opt for that 34 and test that out, luckily the yen is a little low right now so not too big of a mistake. 

@bartlebyyphonics In a lot of our family pictures, I realize that my Grandpa had diaper butts in all of them, but he was an old school cattle rancher! One of these days I'll muster the courage...

8 minutes ago, Lazerr said:

@Duke Mantee Yeah, I should have listen to Broark on that recommendation. When I checked the waist measurements for the 601rb in 34, they seemed pretty small at 85cm as compared to my 601 1951's but mirror balls measurements seem to run smaller than other places. I think I'll opt for that 34 and test that out, luckily the yen is a little low right now so not too big of a mistake. 

@bartlebyyphonics In a lot of our family pictures, I realize that my Grandpa had diaper butts in all of them, but he was an old school cattle rancher! One of these days I'll muster the courage...

Unfortunately Mirror Ball take the cheap route in measurement - they (more or less) take the inches waist size on the label and multiply by 2.5 - it’s not the actual measurement, even though by chance it may well be accurate on occasion.

But the new black denims both the B and RB are basically 51 cut.

Edited by Duke Mantee

@Duke Mantee that makes a lot more sense, I figured the differences in measurements from other sites came from method, but it makes a lot more sense when you explain it. The 36 is pretty much at 36.5"-37" for the waist without any wear, so it'll only get looser from there. 

Funny timing, I was thinking about FW making a 30's inspired pair last night.
One of my all time favorite pairs that I've worn were the OA Santa Fe jeans which were 30's inspired.
Sign me up. ;)

On 6/28/2022 at 4:32 PM, Duke Mantee said:

7A748140-97B9-4D6B-AC44-928038C1313F.jpeg

According to the book, a white “NRA tag” under the leather patch indicates a mid 30s jacket. It certainly looks 20s-esque, in terms of rounded pockets and collar, which suggests a gradual progression in this case

B9CA6C64-51BC-4B2F-A7DD-D3755D4FC676.jpeg

2 hours ago, Broark said:

I really like this jacket (and the cords for that matter) but I think it'll be way too warm for the climate.
I just need to move somewhere colder. :P
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfoTKhNP-nO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 
(P.S.: shame that the IG post embedding no longer seems to be working)

Maybe the odd very cold night? The jacket will be very warm for sure - same materials as my RedWood … anyway here’s the pics for permanence 

292011505_190028706693732_267875720846026064_n.jpg

291973864_402561961909227_3895250095574762204_n.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee

For interests sake, and maybe a bit of comfort for some … I got sent a pair of unwashed 601xx 1943 (the rarest version, which make no difference once they’re washed) and I thought I’d share the pre and post wash measurements:

original state:

inseam - 38”   ;   back rise (butt) - 18”   ;   front rise - 13”   ;   waist - 17½”   ;   hem - 9”

washed at 40°C in a two hour cycle, 400rpm spin

inseam - 34”   ;   back rise (butt) - 16”   ;   front rise - 12”   ;   waist - 16½”   ;   hem - 8½”

Basically if you buy Freewheelers denim unwashed it’s pretty much guaranteed to shrink to tag size … in this case my jeans tag size is 33 x 34

28 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

For interests sake, and maybe a bit of comfort for some … I got sent a pair of unwashed 601xx 1943 (the rarest version, which make no difference once they’re washed) and I thought I’d share the pre and post wash measurements:

...   Basically if you buy Freewheelers denim unwashed it’s pretty much guaranteed to shrink to tag size … in this case my jeans tag size is 33 x 34

Good to know.

Are you privy to any details on the upcoming 1956 model?

Edited by indigoeagle

Just got this delivered thanks to @Duke Manteeand Hoosier 

Beautifuly soft fabric with a super nice brushed back and great attention to detail .

20220715_113211

Apart from the overall design it was the contrasting white stitching that attracted me to this sweat but once I had a better look I noticed they even used some dark almost grey stitching on the split pockets , great to see details like this that aren't even highlighted .

20220715_113239

No fake gussets either , that overlooking is soo pretty 

20220715_113407