Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Those cut-down HBT military pants have turned out to be the most useful item I have from FW, they are great for warmer climates @Broark... would like the full-length version one of these days, too, but they'd be hard to find without breaking my rule of never paying full retail...

Good mail day today. Shame that it's scorching hot outside, but I'll put these to good use in the fall. However the tees will get put to use right away.
Trying not to spam photos too much since it causes loading issues for some, if anyone wants more photos let me know.
M-1938 field jacket, Field Cruiser made from British Millerain waxed cotton, two random striped tees and two graphic tees from the most recent season. 
1AGHAs0.jpg
sK8njk0.jpg
8qPav9Q.jpgWQdXSgZ.jpg
3NEsh2S.jpg
BFb6AtQ.jpg
2qetq9B.jpg
OV2Wh0k.jpgDIQn6me.jpg
I didn't realize the collar was folded until after I took photos...this was quick as I was starting to sweat.
zEC8nKc.jpg
ll63yW5.jpg

@JDelage the M-1938 doesn't seem very warm, the flannel lining is lightweight and so is the outer shell. Feels similar to a denim jacket, maybe a bit warmer since it is lined.
The Field Cruiser isn't super heavy either, but it's a little warmer given the waxed cotton.

Sweet pick up @Broark,  I nabbed a couple tees from mirror ball a couple weeks back. Got the NYS ‘39 one in the white and nys ‘32 in the blue. The print on the blue one is great. It’s that fuzzy kinda finish. They are just awesome fitting tees.  If I hadn’t grabbed a buzz rickson ma-1 off of eBay a couple months ago I would have gotten the field cruiser that’s such a nice jacket.

C9AF03CE-DE8D-4261-B49C-E0728B246153.thumb.jpeg.e1fba54344a8002f9b7666c4569cec8e.jpeg

E7644CD9-514C-4E29-A996-F17D7AC8306A.thumb.jpeg.0c327ce1607709aa9a877a2548473377.jpeg

tried to capture the print texture but I don’t think it shows very well.  I’d post pics of the other one but it’s in the wash currently.

• 2 weeks later...

@Broark Nice pick-ups... I have a pair of Trackwalkers on the way... in fact, they have been on the way, over land, since 30th April!  Who knows wtf is going on.

So I'll definitely be interested in your opinion of them and the fit pics of course

7 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Very interested in how the fit on the 601B compares to the other 601xx

I don't have a pair of standard 1951's (yet), but they are supposedly based on the same pattern.

Oh, is that so? The '51 are some of my best-fitting jeans…

I have an old pair of Warehouse in black-on-natural denim that I like a lot—I think it's a way more versatile fabric than it gets credit for—but at this point I think they're probably a good bit too slim on me. I'm a little scared to try them on and find out.

I think I remember those from Warehouse, they were the 800 cut if I recall correctly?
The color on these is interesting, the hardware has a nice black hue to it from what I'm assuming occurred during the wash (at least on the rivets, buttons seem to be overdyed black).
Will get some fit pics up soon, was going to this afternoon but I'm dealing with some wasp nests currently. :blink2:
E4jzTDe.jpgBq8Im1c.jpg

There was a more recent version in the 800 cut, you're right. Mine are older (I think), and tagged 1001xx / 1000. I think the 800 version used a wide-loomed denim, whereas these have selvedges, which is kind of nice. I've probably posted about them in the Warehouse thread. The fabric is really nice and light, and has a lot of give to it. Even when I first got them they were a good bit slimmer than most of my other jeans, but they still fit comfortably because of how forgiving they were.

I’m sure I’ve asked this before, but what size would I wear in Power Wear tees? Most Union Special and Bubo shirts fit me well in a 17, although some are better in a 17 1/2 (the limiting factor is usually shoulders). I see some tees tagged, e.g., “XL (42–44)”, and I’m pretty confident that they would be the appropriate size. I’m more unsure about the ones that are only given numerical sizes—my inclination is to lean towards 42, rather than 44, but that’s not really based on anything.