Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

that's the prettiest war jacket since samurai's earth wind and fire version that i failed to get coz of an mia proxy (good ole hollows got one and it IS better with wear! damn that stylish bloke). would never get a chance to wear this one in jakarta tho. hot damn. 

Here’s some iPhone pics of one of my old Barnstormers bracelets, I think it’s one of 60 or 70 pieces - it’s a vintage piece of leather and a vintage silver centrepiece that’s become very tarnished and you can see a lot of verdigris from the brass hardware … I thought about cleaning it, but I like it as it is - maybe I’ll get round to sprucing it up another time

DBB638FB-679A-4D90-8AA2-E354B757D160.jpeg

AD75A192-B2A9-4596-80BC-A1210B5F7878.jpeg

634048FE-58A3-449E-82D8-F5BBD000D364.jpeg

11E37820-AF20-4319-BCCF-D23F9E96460E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Walmart/Asda?

I live in a country where only a few people (as it seems to me) have ever heard about Freewheelers, not to mention Bootleggers.  The chance of anyone selling this on the local ebay variety is close to zero. Just in case, I asked the seller to find me a new pair of CSF...:huh:

9 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

We might believe you 

Remember what I said about shrinkage on that inseam since they’re already hemmed pre wash

Yes. Since I usually ask for a hem done at 29 or 30 inches, 33 should be enough for shrinkage, I hope.

21 hours ago, Talan said:

Bootleggers Reunion in perfect condition, "like new", with tags. Bought from a rather unexpected place. Raw, size 36, hemmed with chain stitch on 33 inches. Waist in non-wash condition 18.5 inches. IPhone photos.

IMG_3581.thumb.jpg.561a11f606284842c7b27e767ac93def.jpgIMG_3578.thumb.jpg.55e5269f31f5ada71dde928afc70b3b1.jpgIMG_3582.thumb.jpg.f44b9088adbdfba3738a7d39ea69e2ae.jpgIMG_3584.thumb.jpg.c4d21dcd2df5fb059d12476fd3f15095.jpgIMG_3575.thumb.jpg.a5e066f9215147c6de3014932664102e.jpgIMG_3577.thumb.jpg.93f0706e456d59378099c8aa6d136eb3.jpgIMG_3576.thumb.jpg.d20367d5d1fdbc03e9a9b59caf8a866d.jpgIMG_3574.jpgIMG_3573.jpg

Bootleggers 601XX size 36 non-washed, never worn. Not sure if the size will fit me, looks pretty loose, don't want to soak to check. Raw waist 18.5”, inseam 33”. Please dm your questions and fair offers. Trade is possible for something similarly unobtainable in never worn condition

15 hours ago, JMS said:

@Broark How is that thermal on the bottom right? Thought those looked real nice.

It's very nice, soft cotton that's pretty stretchy and forgiving. Good body and sleeve length (not too long or too short).
Believe it or not before this I didn't have any long sleeve t-shirts in my closet. I can see myself picking up more of these as a good base layer for the mild winters here.

Bootleggers & Co 601XX labels contain wealth of names and cultural references from the 40-60s of last century. Kerouac, Cassady, whose signature is in the bottom right corner and who came from a family of real Denver's bootleggers, acid tests, psychedelia, hipsters, subterraneans, skeleton horses, roses, skulls, bones, hearts, swastikas, and even a bus (Furthur?) -- there seem to be transparent hints to Grateful Dead here as well. I'd love to know the details of how the owners of the tiny Japanese brand were related to all this? Does anyone know details? Is there any reading about Bootleggers brand online? Thanks in advance.

IMG_bl.jpg

Edited by Talan

Unfortunately you’ll be lucky to find much info about Bootleggers as they were - but it’s the same guys that are now called Freewheelers and they’ve always been fans of the Beat Generation and counterculture … they still produce garments from that era and with those influences, I think though those clothes are less popular amongst ‘denim heads’ who focus on a lot of eras up to that point but not really during or after.

16 minutes ago, Cozzie said:

@Broark, is that the hammer smith shirt I see there?  How u digging it?  I ordered one a week ago from mirror ball so hopefully it should show up here soon.

Yup that's the one! I'll try and get some fit pics of it, initial impressions are very good.
Nice fluffy flannel and lovely buttons, fits great. FW seem my Goldilocks when it comes to shirting.