Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

@Broark, yea I picked up the lumper in the charcoal x navy.  Unfortunately for my wallet it was love at first sight.  I saw it when they put up the preview for f/w on the blog and have been  itching for it to drop.  Although I need another jacket like I need another hole in my head. 

11 hours ago, Cozzie said:

@Broark should arrive tom, hopefully, I will def be sure to post some pics!  @Duke Mantee, The charcoal x navy beach cloth is def interesting.  I don’t know if I have ever seen it in that color way before but I am surely no expert.

Generally they issue in Black or the Charcoal x Navy. Here’s a couple of fairly recent issues …

Columbia 

78510E3A-1B25-43E4-8E0E-29D259BF7D84.thumb.jpeg.923af6a1b3360cc3db9ff2478a0b158d.jpeg

Stevedore

46541021-04BA-470C-B004-FE6AE5D7FB66.thumb.jpeg.51b4fbd2c1f663c0a93a27fe762fba00.jpeg

@JohnM you're correct, I've edited my post for clarity. M-1941 is the correct number for the chinos (FW SKU 2122022).

@Duke Mantee you're right on the money about that, hard for me to consider any other brands these days.
Been scouring the net for any and all 17.5 shirts I can find. :D

Buttons on the Foreman are very nice. The pocket placement feels a little strange given how big the pockets are. However I think it could be the fabric just needing some breaking in.
I gave my M-1941’s a wash and dry and they shrank up a little, I’ll get some fit pics up soon. They are definitely generous, however I don’t think I would’ve sized down in hindsight.

Nice purchases Broark and JDelage.  I have the Foreman in blue -- very nice.  Also have the Army Officer Trousers.  Very similar to the M-1941 Chinos, but even more generous, especially in the thighs.  Here are the comparative measurements (from McFly) for size 34.  I wish I had the M-1941 instead.

Army Officer / M-1941

Waist:  36.8" / 36.6"

Rise:  12.4" / 12"

Thigh:  15.5" / 14.4"

LO:   8.5" / 8/3"

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, hugomndza said:

How are you liking this pair? I’ve stumbled upon a pair in my size. I’m debating on this or a pair of TCB 50’s. 

I’m enjoying them a lot, they’ve been my go-to pair for the last few months. I feel like even since this most recent photo dump they’ve started shedding some more indigo. I’ll probably try and wait a month or so before washing again now that it’s cooling off a bit. Highly recommended.

On 10/6/2021 at 11:00 PM, Broark said:

No justifying this one in my climate, but it's a lovely coat. Maybe I'll move north. :P

They’ve been reissuing this every 2 or 3 years … and you couldn’t blame them, it’s one of the best coats I’ve ever owned

Edited by Duke Mantee

With regard to the Pea Coat, FW has made 2 versions. This one posted above is the 1913 version (which was produced at least once before), and they've also produced a 1930 version. One difference between the two is that the 1930 model only has the 2 hand warmer pockets. Another difference is that the 1913 version is lined in wool suiting (Super 100 if I read correctly), whereas the 1930 is lined in cotton rayon. This suggests that the 1913 version might be quite a bit warmer than the 1930, right?

I do love a nice peacoat...

3 hours ago, JDelage said:

With regard to the Pea Coat, FW has made 2 versions. This one posted above is the 1913 version (which was produced at least once before), and they've also produced a 1930 version. One difference between the two is that the 1930 model only has the 2 hand warmer pockets. Another difference is that the 1913 version is lined in wool suiting (Super 100 if I read correctly), whereas the 1930 is lined in cotton rayon. This suggests that the 1913 version might be quite a bit warmer than the 1930, right?

I do love a nice peacoat...

Well if you’re being picky, they also issued a 1910 model in 2009

1930s version was a different cut (rightly so) - looser silhouette, wider sleeves, shorter length, no flap pockets (as you note), squared collar … but I doubt there would be much difference in warmth, the shell is doing the work here.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:09 PM, Broark said:

I’m enjoying them a lot, they’ve been my go-to pair for the last few months. I feel like even since this most recent photo dump they’ve started shedding some more indigo. I’ll probably try and wait a month or so before washing again now that it’s cooling off a bit. Highly recommended.

Late response, but you convinced me to pull the trigger on these second hand pair from eBay. They arrived today and they look and feel great. I’m too excited!