Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

3 hours ago, Toegun said:

A few nice pieces on Marrkt have turned up, looking at this nice pullover as the sizing is generous https://www.marrkt.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/cotton-pullover-8

That’s the Sag Harbor from 2010 in vintage crepe pin head cotton, nice heavy fabric - I’ve got the indigo version. But it’s £145 new … if you can find it. 

The other shirt is the Montauk from the same season - that was a couple of quid cheaper.

44 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Yeah, esp. with the Montauk going back into production soon that seems like a pretty high price for secondhand…

Both shirts are classics that have been issued (randomly) over a number of iterations. Even the ‘new’ price for the current (last year) Sag Harbor is £165. The seller is getting screwed on Marrkt since they take 37% and tbh I don’t see what they’re doing to deserve that. It also annoys me that items are sold as new or unworn but there seems to be next to no genuine or accurate information about said item.

It is a helluva shirt though. One of my favorites. 

Are FW making that same one again (the pinhead cotton) or different fabric options in the Montauk pattern?

Edited by CSL

@CSL never say never Carl, apart from the few items regarded as ‘permanent’ FW do revisit old designs, especially if they fit the theme of the collection in mind. However they don’t always use the same fabrics. That might be to do with availability and/or ideas/themes/colours of the collection they want to make it part of.

7 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

@CSL never say never Carl, apart from the few items regarded as ‘permanent’ FW do revisit old designs, especially if they fit the theme of the collection in mind. However they don’t always use the same fabrics. That might be to do with availability and/or ideas/themes/colours of the collection they want to make it part of.

Right, Duke. I've noticed they occasionally do that. I've been waiting for years for a reissue of their zip deck jacket (without the taxi driver nonsense).

I'm happy I got that pinhead Montauk back in the day. Otherwise I might have had to succumb to paying the Markkt price. 

Anyhow, I look forward to whatever new options appear.

1 hour ago, CSL said:

Right, Duke. I've noticed they occasionally do that. I've been waiting for years for a reissue of their zip deck jacket (without the taxi driver nonsense).

I'm happy I got that pinhead Montauk back in the day. Otherwise I might have had to succumb to paying the Markkt price. 

Anyhow, I look forward to whatever new options appear.

The zip deck came out last winter - albeit not the compressed wool, but alpaca pile lining.

As regards Marrkt prices, I guess if someone wants an item enough then they’ll pay the price

Duke we may not be talking about the same deck jacket (or color perhaps). 

I'm after the short version with the elastic ribbing at the waist in khaki. They did recently redo the taxi driver version.

Thinking on it maybe I did recently see the dark blue version too but it's the khaki I have my heart set on.

Yes. That's it, Duke.

Speedway had the checker cab version recently. Maybe they found some old stock?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Broark I’ve been on the fence about this pair given the price (though I suppose all jeans have gone up in cost a good bit), but I’m still considering them, as Corlection has some in my size in stock. Can you comment on how they fit in comparison to the 47’s?

@Dan_F I actually don’t own the 601xx 1947’s (yet, hope to someday), but I do own the 1943’s. The S601XX’s by comparison feel a little more snug in the waist as they taper in a little bit in the top block, but the rest of the leg feels pretty similar. Maybe slightly more tapered towards the hem, like a quarter inch difference. It’s negligible really. I haven’t measured them side by side. Biggest difference is the denim which is a bit more irregular and uneven. 

1 hour ago, Dan_F said:

@Broark I’ve been on the fence about this pair given the price (though I suppose all jeans have gone up in cost a good bit), but I’m still considering them, as Corlection has some in my size in stock. Can you comment on how they fit in comparison to the 47’s?

On 6/14/2021 at 11:36 PM, Duke Mantee said:

Ok, I think this gives the main styles (no bush pants, flares etc). 

They are all 33 inch waist, so I’ve not put that dimension on the graphic since most of the jeans actually do come out to tagged waist size. I’ve simply added a + or - deviation to those that don’t.

And to repeat the method:

Back rise measurement is from crotch bartack to top of waistband above belt loop pulled tight

Front rise measurements is from crotch bartack to top of waistband above button pulled tight

Thigh measurement is centre of crotch bartack straight across to outside of leg pulled tight

Knee measurement is taken 330mm below crotch bartack and straight across pulled tight

Hem measurement is taken 770mm below crotch bartack and straight across pulled tight 

Please remember these are my measurements on my jeans, and those jeans are all in various states of use/age/wash. This is to give a general classification - your dealer can give you details from new.

00CCA14F-9523-413D-888F-F02060069461.jpeg

Here’s the difference