Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Hey everyone. I‘ve recently bought the Lot 601xx 1951 (one wash) and have discovered that the stitching of the outseam is quite visible when sitting and pulling up my leg. It‘s not a slim fit so there isn‘t much pulling going on.

Is this something to be concerned about or will this eventually disappear. I don‘t want to invest a lot of time in a pair that will have this visual defect later. Thanks!

460FB757-4E5B-41C4-AC23-674E11A5699B.jpeg

64E7972F-8E68-4FC3-9555-19001D542E4F.jpeg

@Duke Mantee Do you think FW would ever make a t-back in the smaller sizes? Seems unlike them, but at the same time, they must know there are countless people who would love a FW's t-back in a 38/40/42. I would certainly buy one ^_^

15 minutes ago, JMS said:

@Duke Mantee Do you think FW would ever make a t-back in the smaller sizes? Seems unlike them, but at the same time, they must know there are countless people who would love a FW's t-back in a 38/40/42. I would certainly buy one ^_^

No I don’t think they’d want to since it kinda defeats the purpose. I think they look better but I wouldn’t go out and buy one to replace what I already have … I’m not sure many would. Equally, and I know it’s just a turn of phrase, but ‘countless’ might be more like a few dozen or maybe even a few hundred :wink:. They’re not a huge company and they don’t produce big numbers of anything.

1 hour ago, JMS said:

@Duke Mantee thank you.

Just my opinion buddy - and like I’ve said (here and on other threads) I’d have preferred t-backs. Others have done it, Warehouse being a good example, but they are bigger and can afford to have those variations and still keep the price down because of bulk

On 7/8/2021 at 10:56 AM, Duke Mantee said:

76E2723D-B0DA-42DC-B10D-B6041527C04D.jpeg

placed here for conversational purposes …

Interesting to see the T back on a 42. My 44 in the same jacket doesn't have a T back which is all fine. I have a T back on my CSF in size 46.

Was this a 'special' Duke or arbitrary?

Just now, MJF9 said:

Interesting to see the T back on a 42. My 44 in the same jacket doesn't have a T back which is all fine. I have a T back on my CSF in size 46.

Was this a 'special' Duke or arbitrary?

I think I’ve confused things mate, that’s a 46 - I put the image there for Doc to see a t-back. He has an interest in old-timey jackets as you know and asked about the FW version. AFAIK FW only make t-back in the 46 so you’re not missing out :wink:

Ok, just got these Freewheelers 1944-45 and I absolutely love the fit. You all were right about the waist being tight at first but they stretch a good amount. Im really comfortable in them, loose in the butt and thigh and legs but a nice wide leg. How did you file down the rivets Austin? Also thank you @Duke Mantee and @JohnM for all the help in getting these! And @nick682 for selling them to me-now sell me your size 31 :)

FB9D6BCE-5E99-40D9-B26A-3074210DD561.jpeg

CBDE4A6F-33D0-45E5-956D-3985CFE9755F.jpeg

B0F0A8B3-ACF1-4A55-A3DD-22BA75D75D12.jpeg

Edited by srudy
Add more

Might just keep the pokey, sharp rivets for now too. They don’t seem to be causing too much trouble just yet. But I am thinking about getting these hemmed. How are you all wearing the length?