Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

16 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

It’s done by the ghosts of former Levi’s factory workers!

That’s the spirit! But no …

Each side of that central corridor has a different job used in manufacturing - which impacts the jeans more?

Edited by Duke Mantee

^ The fit is interesting in that the hips and thighs are roomy, but the waist comes in -- so warning to older muffintops, myself included.  There is tapering below the knee, which is nice.  Other than the fact that they're a good-fitting pair of jeans, I'm impressed with the level of custom manufacturing.  Again, from FW:

"Yes, buttons made of iron are custom manufactured. Rivets as well.

For other points… custom-made warp & weft for the fabric, and special cotton threads for sewing is also made only for us.

Leather patches, red tabs… every materials for the jeans are custom manufactured.

We’re just making them because there’s no satisfactory materials in the market.

If they’re available in the market, we’ll buy them and use them. It’s more easy, and it means we can price products much cheaper.

Hope you understand that to use custom manufactured materials isn’t absolutely wonderful, amazing thing.

To make products which make us (and you!) satisfied is much more important.

It is the purpose."

Thanks Duke.  You introduced me (and others) to FW.  The fun of this hobby for me, as much as the clothes themselves, is to discover companies like Freewheelers and the people who run them, as well as those here who appreciate what they're doing.  I've only scratched the surface and wish I were younger so I could wear out more FW clothes ;-)

Quick update on my S601's, really enjoying them and the creases are setting nicely.
ZSZr82N.jpg
AoNaoIK.jpg
bc4tSjI.jpg
u3FOh2j.jpg
EjslonY.jpg
JhsRB4e.jpg
I also just received this Skipper from Yahoo Auctions, brand new with tags.
Something completely different for me, I've always really hated on band collars...
tJKZcID.jpg
Fn1tDXa.jpg
yONitUu.jpg
JwF6z4Q.jpg
N25O7Pz.jpg
E7YSDp2.jpg
wB25wwA.jpg
6XhOfGY.jpg

3 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

That’s another good fit … but fix that collar :angry2:

:laugh2:

I messing around with it, thought it might work flipped down...but it should probably be worn like this. :D
4I9A5897.jpg