Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

I've been wearing my '43s in preparation, washed and dried them again yesterday.
Not much fading to speak of yet since I haven't put any significant time into them, but the fabric sure is nice and the puckering is popping.
wBpJ1Lk.jpg
X8WTakK.jpg
3Kyp8ZD.jpg
4jJSCSt.jpg
T8el9Vr.jpg
RcjLp5Y.jpg
w5euOFP.jpg
z4nXZng.jpg
4z1XxEB.jpg
2LIJUlt.jpg
v4quA4n.jpg
0H81W7Y.jpg

52 minutes ago, tchengaa said:

is the fabric of 47s jeans soft to the touch?

I have only had one wash versions of the 43 and 47 and they were definitely soft to the touch. 
not the crunchy rigidness of an unwashed pair 

53 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

I’ve prob. asked this before, but: how are Power Wear knits sized relative to standard FW shirts? Does a 17 more or less correspond to a 42?

What do you mean by a knit? The woolen products? PowerWear encompasses a wide range of styles but I wear a 17 in shirts and mostly a 42 (some 40) in PowerWear although I wouldn’t say it’s a direct correlation. Thermals, for example, are generally body-fitting but there’s a couple of styles that use the same fabric for a completely different fit.

6 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

@Duke Mantee Sorry for the ambiguity—was thinking of the tees (either plain neck or henley neck) in particular

No problem - I think wool when ‘knit’ is used. Then for t-shirts and henleys I always wear a 42, although there are different cuts in those too. Some are deliberately more fitted, so less so; some lightweight fabric, some heavy.

I’ve never had an issue size-wise but I guess it depends where in the size range you are. I remember you saying you might be a little more picky about fit than I am.

I’ve never found measurements all too useful for knits—too much variation in stretch, etc.

They look like they should work okay per the measurements given, but figured you’d know better anyhow

Got some new jeans today! Thanks @Duke Mantee for the help sourcing these.

I tried them on for just a second and the waist was a little tighter than I was hoping, but I think they will work. They really are a beautiful pair! I'll be sure to review these more in depth once I wear them.

20210607_172243.jpg

Edited by nick682

A new denim. Coarser hand, thicker yarn, heavier weight, more noticeable vertical fall, darker dye. Not dramatic differences perhaps more iterative - but very very very nice IMHO

51CFF579-9219-4755-8B20-0AA867ABB1A5.jpeg

Colour isn’t true here (it’s really overcast outside and it’s just an old iPhone since the tux is just out the box)) but just posting this to give thanks to the skills of a special old lady …

Edited by Duke Mantee

Here’s the clown show - it seems most pre-wash fits demand barefoot for some reason, so here I am in the garden with fucking winter type squalls barrelling in from the North Sea just to keep @Flash happy because he said you need before and after shots :dry::laugh2:

I got the non-wash version - this is FW first for me, Bootleggers were usually non-wash, but I just buy wash versions when it was Freewheelers because I just want to wear the stuff and not arse about for another few days since I’ve already usually been waiting long enough, plus I know the denim, but this is new denim so I thought why not …

FAAD82D8-28C0-49F5-8AD7-F4B37FB7521C.jpeg

That tux is looking mighty fine princess!!

6 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

I just buy wash versions when it was Freewheelers because I just want to wear the stuff and not arse about for another few days since I’ve already usually been waiting long enough

So we'll just have to wait around now then to see the final result after waiting long enough :laugh:

Any tips on sizing for FW hats? Interested in the Smokey Bear, in particular. I’m generally around a 7 1/2 or a 7 5/8 (not sure whether sizing hats by nominal diameter is a general thing or US-specific…)

Ideas who might have this still in stock in brown duck? Waiting to hear back from Seiichiro, but also open to other options

Any suggestions on sizing the S601XX 1944-45 jeans?   I was thinking 34, but the one-wash versions look a little small in the waist.  I'm typically 36 in Ooe, 34 in Warehouse.

It depends how you like the fit I am a 33 in MF, Roy, WH Ranch. 
ive tried a 33,34, and 36 in the 1947 over the years. 
The best fit for me is the 33 but I like to buy my jeans a bit snug and force em to stretch where needed. Ha 

Here’s something I’m working on. It’s not finished because I want to show a comparison of all the 601XX cuts. These are actual measurements of my own jeans, which have all been:

a) Hemmed to varying lengths for cuffing purposes, so the hem is based on a 770mm inseam

b) Washed and worn, some more than others, so the waist is less certain and stretch and shrink will have a small impact 

Anyway it might be useful as long as you don’t get too hung up on every millimetre …

AF74B901-4F2F-45AA-90F3-8A57D2016D4F.jpeg

On 6/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, julian-wolf said:

Any tips on sizing for FW hats? Interested in the Smokey Bear, in particular. I’m generally around a 7 1/2 or a 7 5/8 (not sure whether sizing hats by nominal diameter is a general thing or US-specific…)

Ideas who might have this still in stock in brown duck? Waiting to hear back from Seiichiro, but also open to other options

I have it in duck (bought it from Speedway as Seiichiro-san didn't have it at the time). There's an inside band with some velcro to tighten it. I can measure my head if that's useful...