Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

My jacket will be here in a little bit, waiting on one last thing to ship. :ph34r:
In the meantime I just got this, DHL took over a week to deliver after multiple delivery "attempts", despite me being home every single time... 
Fit is perfect, even a little big. Gave it a quick wash this morning to get the fold creases out.
dCuqgGF.jpg
BJLskB5.jpg
q6dNuI9.jpg
9xpVodS.jpg
Nvztjpp.jpg
gwazJwY.jpg
CAfXaqG.jpg
342224n.jpg
f1bCXyR.jpg
qLkI3v3.jpg
wfIcz5m.jpg

6 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

The custom button ...

I'd be interested to know what spec. about them makes them truly custom.
Lots of repro brands use laurel wreath buttons on their war era models, just interested to know what might set these apart from the rest of the pack. 

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I'd be interested to know what spec. about them makes them truly custom.
Lots of repro brands use laurel wreath buttons on their war era models, just interested to know what might set these apart from the rest of the pack. 

Akio drew the pattern (and variants) and they designed the rest of the button/(2 prong) nail to their spec, got the factory to produce a range of samples and bob’s yer uncle. Most other manufacturers just buy their buttons from readily available sources.

Doesn’t make the FW button better or more accurate (since there were different original patterns used) but it just makes it more FW

55 minutes ago, Flash said:

Both look awesome , the s601xx especially 

‘Patiently’ waiting on the paint job - but I’m looking forward to the new denim. It’s a bit heavier very dark so it’ll be interesting to see how it develops because I think the usual 601xx denim fades in a really nice way

2 hours ago, Flash said:

What weight is it ? Standard is 14oz iirc ? 

I think it’s just over the 14oz - they’ve used thicker yarn woven at lower tension. Quite a coarse hand I’m told. Almost a black blue from rope dying so I think this will look and fade very different to the 601xx

Edited by Duke Mantee

Question to those that might own a Jackson coat (hoping @Duke Mantee can chime in), how warm/heavy of a jacket is it?
Thinking I can make a size 44 work, I see some product pages list it as heavyweight, I just don't have much experience with moleskin.
The OA jackets I have made from moleskin aren't very heavy...
Thanks in advance!
Jackson_1_2048x2048.jpg?v=1584857579
Jackson_12_2048x2048.jpg?v=1584857582

It’s heavier than the Ooe Cossack which is closer to the lighter weight moleskin FW use. Plus the lining is a fairly substantial cotton shirting (two types) - so I’d reckon that it’s a bit too much for your warmer months. In fact I find it a bit overkill for my summer months - but great for winter (moleskin is fairly windproof) and colder months.

Edited by Duke Mantee

Thanks Duke, I was thinking about adding it to my upcoming shipment as I have a wedding to attend soon but it'll likely be too warm.
Definitely on the consideration list in the future though.

Here’s a simple graphic demonstrating the different cuts of the 43, 47 and 51; 43 and 47 being very similar with 43 having a slight taper from the knee - the 51 being a slimmer cut with a slightly lower rise

When I get a minute, I’ll create a table comparing the measurements of the different cuts: 1922, 1939, 1943, 1944-45, 1947 and 1951

1F38D359-C4AB-472C-9F0D-CB4425896CDC.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

Duke,

If I understand the graphic above, does the waist on the '51 tend to run small relative to the others?  If so, I might size up to 36 from 34.

In addition, where does the inseam end up on these after a few washes?

John

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Duke,

If I understand the graphic above, does the waist on the '51 tend to run small relative to the others?  If so, I might size up to 36 from 34.

In addition, where does the inseam end up on these after a few washes?

John

I’d think of that graphic to demonstrate comparative cuts only John. IMO the ‘51 does not run small on the waist - just lower on the rise. FW 601 nearly all run TTS on the waist,  I wear a 33 in all cuts and the only version with a noticeable difference is the ‘22 which is about an inch or more over the others.

As for inseam - there is negligible shrinkage on the wash versions and non-wash version will only shrink to the wash dimensions. Allow 1cm - more than sufficient if you are worried.

Edited by Duke Mantee