Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Really is a lovely afterhood , the dual colour looks great and the ribbing is a nice length but no mater how nice it is how can sonofastag be charging £500 for it ? Admittedly I don't know the Japan retail price but the mark-up on this is scary 

Screenshot_20210512-095434_Samsung Internet

25 minutes ago, Flash said:

Really is a lovely afterhood , the dual colour looks great and the ribbing is a nice length but no mater how nice it is how can sonofastag be charging £500 for it ? Admittedly I don't know the Japan retail price but the mark-up on this is scary 

Screenshot_20210512-095434_Samsung Internet

It’s ¥36,000 ... about £230, not cheap but not as bonkers. Even with shipping from Japan I would still only pay half of what SoaS are charging.

2 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

It’s ¥36,000 ... about £230, not cheap but not as bonkers. Even with shipping from Japan I would still only pay half of what SoaS are charging.

£230 seems about in line to what similar brands are charging for there own afterhoods so that's fair in my eyes . SOAS just seem to chance there arm with most of ther pricing 

Just now, Flash said:

£230 seems about in line to what similar brands are charging for there own afterhoods so that's fair in my eyes . SOAS just seem to chance there arm with most of ther pricing 

I think given the weight (it’s basically 2 sweatshirts) and the quality, all of my FW sweats have been regularly worn and washed and they’ve barely aged, then £200~250 is ok in my eyes too. That said FW prices have gone up noticeably over the last couple of seasons.

However, SoaS are ripping the arse out of this IMO. I know the split for supplier/shop is similar to the UK model so I’ve no idea why they’re charging this way unless they are simply buying at shop price from McFly or somesuch and then adding their own shipping, customs and profit on top. If that’s the case then anyone buying FW from them is daft or has too much money ... or both 

SoaS is one of the only shops that still has the deck worker jacket in beige in my size, but their listed price is £600.
Taking VAT out of the equation, that brings the price down to ~£520 with shipping to the US.
With the exchange rate that makes this version $325 USD more expensive than buying from any retailer in Japan.
Talk about taking the piss...

Just saw an Instagram story post from Brogue in California saying they received a shipment from Freewheelers. Looks like we have a US stockist again, will be interested to see what their pricing is like.