Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

51 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Either way I’d prefer if all the buttons were rusting instead of just one haha 

The patina is probably more pronounced because the top button is exposed whereas the others aren’t - more or less what everyone has said.

3 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@Duke Mantee really like that shirt. Is it still in production? 
lovely photo

Thank you - funny enough I was getting annoyed at the Duchess taking so many pics so I pulled the face ... and it stuck

Apart from what FW call their permanent product, nothing is ever ‘still in production’. So you have to get it that season or hope your size is still available at one of the retailers at a later point. The catalogue number is 1543098 - so that’s from 2015 ... there’s also a ‘vintage finish’ which is 1523017

Edited by Duke Mantee

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys - it’s as good as I’d hoped it would be.
It feels a tad long in the arms but I’m sure that due to the width of the cuffs. Definitely needed this size as the shoulder is spot on here. 
Really impressed with the heft of the fabric and the construction. 
My favourite feature is probably that the pockets inners are cut and sewn with the curved silhouette of an N1 pocket, meaning you can see that pressing through the face from behind. 
This is my first item from Freewheelers- very impressed by them. 

^ I rather like the Flight Engineer.. an eBay seller here had one up for a good while – and I bought a pair of the El Capitan climbing pants from him, come to think of it – but I felt that 16 would've been a stretch for me even though the measurements seemed acceptable. Now he's vanished without a trace. Please don't tell me it runs large due to its status as an overshirt...

59 minutes ago, mondo said:

^ I rather like the Flight Engineer.. an eBay seller here had one up for a good while – and I bought a pair of the El Capitan climbing pants from him, come to think of it – but I felt that 16 would've been a stretch for me even though the measurements seemed acceptable. Now he's vanished without a trace. Please don't tell me it runs large due to its status as an overshirt...

... it runs large :blush2:

39 minutes ago, mondo said:

Sir. Please.

:laugh2:

It is roomy on the chest and across the shoulders - I think I sit in the middle of FW sizes. Slim 17 shirts are fine, standard 17 shirts are great and oversized 17 shirts are comfortable with a tee or even another shirt wearing it as a lightweight jacket. I guess it just depends where you are in the spectrum ...

30 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

What’s this all about Duke? Are you at liberty to reveal it?

Aye - it’s a bit of stencil work for the S601XX ... something that shredwin’s granny is doing :wink:

There’s just a bit of decision making to do on colour, but that aside they should be looking like this ...

F05BB679-1048-451F-9F73-957E1CB93FA8.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

That’s a great shirt - I have the wabash ‘steel driver’ from the previous year - but they are completely different despite the name :blink:

I was a little hesitant once someone started bidding against me, but I still got it for a decent price.
I have one other popover shirt like this from YM Factory that's on the slim side.
This one being FW I have a good feeling that it'll fit like a charm.