Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

On 3/11/2021 at 12:19 PM, Duke Mantee said:

@Broark - thank you

3 times I started writing a response, 3 times I was straying into territory that made it sound rude.

Careful Duke, you can be prosecuted for that sort of thing now :unsure2:

On 2/22/2021 at 3:30 AM, Broark said:

Really into the new khaki Deck Worker jacket, trying to find a 44 that'll ship to the US...
DECKWORKERJACKET_1_f162884c-ef45-424b-81
DECKWORKERJACKET_7_c269de29-df51-4381-ba
DECKWORKERJACKET_2_52a94fd2-c947-466d-bc
DECKWORKERJACKET_10_ee720509-bdfc-41ed-8DECKWORKERJACKET_13_ea3ff24b-333c-422a-9

Corlection now has this jacket, in this colour – but only up to 42 (which they describe as "XL"). Might be worth checking with them if they'll be getting more, or at least measuring up the 42 to see if it runs large. They would definitely ship to the US.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:16 PM, mondo said:

Corlection now has this jacket, in this colour – but only up to 42 (which they describe as "XL"). Might be worth checking with them if they'll be getting more, or at least measuring up the 42 to see if it runs large. They would definitely ship to the US.

It doesn’t measure large at all.

Hoosier measured a 40 and 42 for me - They’re on the small side.
He also has the green version with measurements on his Instagram  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM1xTpZjZTR/?igshid=s1zotq3v0vp

a size 44 has a p2p of 60cm. 

Edited by UkeNo

• 2 weeks later...

AxpeoCC.jpgW5LI2y8.jpgxJFbjdv.jpgLdu3I8p.jpgdRL85PX.jpgAnother couple weeks and another wash and dry. 
Really Enjoying the journey with these jeans. 
Also love the patina on the top button. Maybe @Duke Mantee can chime In but I believe the top button is different material than the other buttons since the rest are still very shiny? 

@Maynard Friedman @Broark both things that hasn’t crossed my mind. 
looking at the back of the buttons the top looks old and rusted while the rest are brand new and shiny so I still think that the buttons are not the same material. 
I’ll try to post a photo tomorrow 

2 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

looking at the back of the buttons the top looks old and rusted while the rest are brand new and shiny so I still think that the buttons are not the same material. 
I’ll try to post a photo tomorrow 

If they were a different material the button backs would be no indication because the back of the button is the rivet part, made from a different material using a different manufacturing process, you would need spec sheets to prove otherwise. Looking at my WH buttons (and many more buttons besides) the face is a thin piece of (soft) copper (other soft metals are available) which has been plated to make it look silver, it's embossed with the lettering and formed around the (harder) shank.

The back of the top button will have rusted because it's in contact with the skin, sweat is salty, salt = corrosion.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

13 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

Another couple weeks and another wash and dry. 
Really Enjoying the journey with these jeans. 
Also love the patina on the top button. Maybe @Duke Mantee can chime In but I believe the top button is different material than the other buttons since the rest are still very shiny? 

Barring the size, all the fly buttons are the same bro’

There’s one unassailable fact that proves it beyond science - Sushi is too tight to allow the extra cost of a different button to be used ...