Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

My 51s which I've abused. Washed them way too much. The next pair will be sized down one and washed once a month tops. Still being patient with the jacket, so hope remains. 

Nothing looks like FW's in the light (even though this is overexposed ^_^

Cheers

20210114_140713.jpg

7 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

I’d been eying the 1927 type 1 for a while, liking the features and also conscious of wearing a 40s type 1 with 20s jeans :dry:

Finally! You’ll now be able defy those sartorial critics and hold your head high on the streets of Pudsey.

^ cheers and ^^ ha ha I'm ready for 'em!  They better not say nowt or I might have to wear sticky labels :P

On that note, it arrived without any of the family noticing (what’s one postal delivery out of a steady stream?! Lockdown has been eye opening).  My house uniform is a tux so I just started wearing it.  No one said a word.  Not a word.

So a few days later, I stood there in new jacket and asked ‘notice anything different?’.  They said you’ve had a shave (I had).  Anything else.  You’ve been spending less time on that denim website (true, my daughter had reprimanded me over Xmas).  Anything else.  Nope.  What about the jacket?  Oh that… we thought it was one you hadn’t worn for a while. But what about the giveaway curved pocket flap, smaller buttons and voluminous sleeves? Nope.  I despair of them.

Edited by MJF9
remove space

38 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

^ cheers and ^^ ha ha I'm ready for 'em!  They better not say nowt or I might have to wear sticky labels :P

On that note, it arrived without any of the family noticing (what’s one postal delivery out of a steady stream?! Lockdown has been eye opening).  My house uniform is a tux so I just started wearing it.  No one said a word.  Not a word.

So a few days later, I stood there in new tux and asked ‘notice anything different?’.  They said you’ve had a shave (I had).  Anything else.  You’ve been spending less time on that denim website (true, my daughter had reprimanded me over Xmas).  Anything else.  Nope.  What about the jacket?  Oh that… we thought it was one you hadn’t worn for a while. But what about the giveaway curved pocket flap, smaller buttons and voluminous sleeves? Nope.  I despair of them.

Some folk just don’t get it (my good lady is the same) - looking forward to fit pics, comparisons to others (details, measurements etc) ... please?

35 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

But but I thought you liked the '27 Duke...

I do

:laugh2:

Edited by Duke Mantee

ok... a few measurements to compare the FW 1927 with my well worn (and much loved) CSF 1946... will draw up some amateur comparisons soon Duke

(there will be little under and overs in my measurements but you'll get the picture)

FW 1927 v CSF 1946.JPG

Edited by MJF9

16 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

ok... a few measurements to compare the FW 1927 with my well worn (and much loved) CSF 1946... will draw up some amateur comparisons soon Duke

(there will be little under and overs in my measurements but you'll get the picture)

Perfect!

The sleeve dimensions are one of the most important areas in earlier Type I design - this shows it well

I talked with Hoosier and he said the new WWII Type 1 will be $420 plus shipping   
really was holding out for one, but my budget for clothes it getting smaller. I may be better off grabbing one of the current models. 

So far I think Freewheelers makes my favorite fitting shirts hands down.
I really like the print on this one, the wabash dots aren't really bright white but more of a beige color up close.
Now I need to get more shirts from Seiichiro...
ZKbyf41.jpg
RLjMdwn.jpg