Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

9 minutes ago, lee porter said:

Thanks duke I’m normally a 34 in western sizing 36 in Japanese as bigger thighs and top block was looking at the sizing chart and they look more western if that makes sense ps how’d you get emojis on here ? 

Ok - still not making much sense to me, since the cut of the jeans makes the difference, but if you’re normally a 34 then you should be ok with a 34 in the 1951. I’ve relatively large (not huge) thighs and I have no problems in that respect.

@lee porter per King @Duke Mantee advice I’d agree they run true to size. 
I am a 34-35 waist   
I’ve never had the 51s but I do own the 43 and 47 I take a 33 or 34 in them. I did have a 36 at one point and they fit but were roomier than I liked. 
I prefer to buy my pants a little snug and stretch them to size. Haha 

13 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Is the Highway 61 webshop new? I don't remember seeing it before: https://hwy61tokyo.stores.jp/

It looks like it's mostly a venue to sell old stock, but as a consequence there are some interesting pieces...

It’s been on the go for a while - mostly older pieces (as you can see), but in mostly small sizes. You might get lucky once in a while.

1 hour ago, lee porter said:

I’ve ordered a pair of 1951s off of corlection hope they fit me :)

I love my '51s. I can't remember why exactly, but I went for a size 33 (I think I did that based on the size charts) instead of my usual size 32. It was a little too big and the denim stretches a bit. I was disappointed, but then just hot washed and hot dried them. They tightened up well enough and now I wear them more often than other jeans. Just superbly well-made too. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Ironall too. It's an interesting shirt. It looks like FW is doing another run of the same shirt. It's listed on the Klamp website in the "reserved items" with an April release date. 

21 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

The Ironalls has been around for 5 years in various forms, but there’s nothing slated for a spring ‘21 release. It’s possible they’ve stuck it on the ‘permanent product’ rota due to popularity (success) but I’m not aware of that

Yeah, I obviously don't know either. I was kinda surprised to see it listed on the Klamp site in exactly the same fabric (and same product #), but then the Spring '21 collection seems to be named "Ironall", or have some kind of focus on that name (new sub-brand launch maybe?) 

The new spring collection is called Oscar Mike

The Ironall Factories sub brand was launched about 6-7 years ago and there’s a couple of new items (overalls) from that sub brand in the collection but not the shirt. The Vanishing West, Union Special, Great Lakes, Power Wear and Ultima Thule subs also feature in greater substance.

I haven’t looked at the Klamp site, but from what you’re saying it seems she’s probably waiting on a stock refresh.

Edited by Duke Mantee

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I just sold my FH denim wabash (never fit me right) and thought this was a fitting replacement.
I appreciate Seiichiro's patience, he dealt with me waffling on this order for what seemed like months. :D

I don’t know that FH shirt, but I’ve heard/read their shirts can be a bit awkward in fit?

Anyway, this is about the closest Wabash I’ve seen to the real thing print and fabric-wise. The only annoyance I’ve ever had with the Ironall is that it has a high stance collar which I think looks great buttoned up, but less to my taste open neck. That said, as my shirt has become more worn the collar looks better and any pictures @Snake posted wearing his made the collar probably as it should be.

Edited by Duke Mantee

22 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

I don’t know that FH shirt, but I’ve heard/read their shirts can be a bit awkward in fit?

Anyway, this is about the closest Wabash I’ve seen to the real thing print and fabric-wise. The only annoyance I’ve ever had with the Ironall is that it has a high stance collar which I think looks great buttoned up, but less to my taste open neck. That said, as my shirt has become more worn the collar looks better and any pictures @Snake posted wearing his made the collar probably as it should be.

The FH fit just doesn’t suit my frame. The shoulders and chest were perfect but the body was so slim even though I took a size up. Looked fine worn unbuttoned over a tee, but I’d rather have something more versatile. 
I’m interested to see how I feel about the collar stance on this one, will get some photos up once it arrives.