Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

27 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

In fairness, I’m pretty sure Warehouse have made a similar and more accurate (in detail at least) pair. I think it’s good too see waist overalls that aren’t Levi’s waist overalls. There’s a lot of ye olde world stuff that just never gained any traction. A lot of FW overalls are based on, or are copies of, Boss of the Road designs, and as I said Warehouse often come up with gems from yesteryear ... after that you’re left arguing the toss over who makes the best 47s

All very true Duke. Agree it is nice to see a departure from Levi’s repros, and to that end I’ve got a pair of WH Lee repros on their way right now. 

Don’t open the best 47 can of worms... I’ll leave that to the experts [whispers sugar cane and scarpers for the hills]

So the new Mackenzie coat made out of the duck blanket is a bit much for me, but this (older piece) in the same fabric is lovely: ~ GREAT LAKES GMT. MFG. Co. ~
"FORESTRY BUBO"
1920's ~ 1930's WOODSMAN COAT
"OKANAGON"

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/old-goat/10001046/

4 hours ago, JDelage said:

So the new Mackenzie coat made out of the duck blanket is a bit much for me, but this (older piece) in the same fabric is lovely: ~ GREAT LAKES GMT. MFG. Co. ~
"FORESTRY BUBO"
1920's ~ 1930's WOODSMAN COAT
"OKANAGON"

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/old-goat/10001046/

Or the Saskatchewan?

http://the-rising.co.jp/?action=item_detail&id=1316

28 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Another pair?!

Any pair with decent arcs and details. I can still fit into my bootleggers 47 specials but always on the lookout for anything interesting. Love the pre lawsuit stuff. And as l've just been told by the government that Christmas is fucking cancelled, l reserve the right to buy myself another present if the opportunity arises :D but you're right there mate - far too many pairs...

57 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Any pair with decent arcs and details. I can still fit into my bootleggers 47 specials but always on the lookout for anything interesting. Love the pre lawsuit stuff. And as l've just been told by the government that Christmas is fucking cancelled, l reserve the right to buy myself another present if the opportunity arises :D but you're right there mate - far too many pairs...

£500 then Doc - free postage

3 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

This arrived today ... I’m immediately putting this up there with the turndown collar cardigan thingy. Absolutely beautiful - hand linked :ohmy:

4BA05E0B-1336-460B-A375-F9EFF5B38251.jpeg

I had been wondering about those. Are they heavy? It's a good color.

7 minutes ago, JDelage said:

I had been wondering about those. Are they heavy? It's a good color.

Proper weight - fairly low gauge. The wool is beautiful quality, better than any Shetland I’ve handled in a good long while. If I never had the turndown collar I’d buy the grey version too.

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

Lol ... just buy a pair of FW47s and get the arcs of your choice sewn on by, erm Edwin’s mum ... half the price :wink:

No you were right the first time, and l especially don't need any more '47s' .

Will hang on for those WH 1915's, the arcs on those are near identical to an og pair l have photos of, and l'm keen to only buy pairs with (credible) arcs now.

New-to-me FW U. S. NAVY "CPO" SHIRT #2033004 COLOR / DEEP INDIGO CHAMBRAY

It should tighten just a tad with the first wash. The bottom suggests it’s meant to be worn untucked, but it tucks just fine. The fabric is gorgeous...

4B19517B-4E5A-4B45-86AD-0D03708E4705.jpeg

B9C2337A-AB6F-4CAE-8EFE-12B8AFDEA7F5.jpeg

Edited by JDelage