Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Been searching for one of the white-on-blue cotton–linen Neal shirts in a 17 1/2 for some time now without much luck—found that McFly has them stocked, but isn’t shipping overseas these days

Anyone have any possible leads? @Duke Mantee, I know you often keep your ear to the ground, so to speak…

#2013001, I think

8 hours ago, JDelage said:

Is the Ultimate Evolution Clothing a new FW brand? 

Do you mean Ultima Thule?

5 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Been searching for one of the white-on-blue cotton–linen Neal shirts in a 17 1/2 for some time now without much luck—found that McFly has them stocked, but isn’t shipping overseas these days

Anyone have any possible leads? @Duke Mantee, I know you often keep your ear to the ground, so to speak…

#2013001, I think

Question asked - I’ll let you know

5 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

#2013001, I think

Yep - Hoosier has it in stock

798A4909-A537-4CA1-9130-2E24809CC36C.jpeg

6 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Do you mean Ultima Thule?

No, the new ground crew jacket is under a new (?) label, UEC. According to Avenue Web, it started in 2019 (only reading that this morning...)

https://avenuewebstore.com/freewheelers/?page_id=34579

(Should be getting that one today.)

Edited by JDelage

Ah, sorry. Yes it’s the next phase of Ultima Thule - military design inspired, whereas the other stuff was more civilian outdoor gear (hillwalking etc)

It’s a beautiful jacket and a very warm jacket - the make up was why I eventually passed on the Flight Deck Crew Coat (and on this choosing the zip deck instead). It’s far too much for our climate - I’d rather add another thinner layer if I was cold than wear that amount without option.

Edited by Duke Mantee

The hooded version was a bit much and I didn't like the low hand warmers.  (The Desolation Row version in gold is extra nice.) I think this one will work better.

As a side note, wasn't FW introducing their SS21 collection yesterday? Need to check my IG...

Thanks, Duke. Emailed Seiichiro; hopefully I’ll be able to snag that one (would prefer the version with white lines over a blue background rather than the reverse, but told him I’ll be happy with either if the former is no longer available). Looking forward.

Is it just me, or does it seem like this round of Neal shirts / maybe just this fabric in particular came up smaller than usual? I haven’t tried much FW, but so far a 17 has always seemed like a safe bet, and here most of the measurements seem skewed down from what I’d expect.

45 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Thanks, Duke. Emailed Seiichiro; hopefully I’ll be able to snag that one (would prefer the version with white lines over a blue background rather than the reverse, but told him I’ll be happy with either if the former is no longer available). Looking forward.

Is it just me, or does it seem like this round of Neal shirts / maybe just this fabric in particular came up smaller than usual? I haven’t tried much FW, but so far a 17 has always seemed like a safe bet, and here most of the measurements seem skewed down from what I’d expect.

Mis-read you ... I thought you wanted the white base. This one?

Hopefully Seiichiro comes up trumps for you. If you’re a 17 then I’d have thought this shirt would also be a 17 - I’ve got it and it fits the same (pattern aside) as other FW work shirts 

990C72E3-6564-4899-A968-1114D04E3B88.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

@Duke Mantee, yep, that’s the one—I probably could have been more clear in my initial description (and, looking back, I’m not sure where I got that product number either…)

Good to know about sizing. Do the shoulders seem about as broad as you’re used to, then? I think of a 17 as corresponding to around a 49 cm shoulder measurement, and the charts I’m seeing for these have them closer to 47, but I know measurements can be pretty misleading

Edited by julian-wolf

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

New jacket arrived. It’s awesome!

Great fit

42 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

@Duke Mantee, yep, that’s the one—I probably could have been more clear in my initial description (and, looking back, I’m not sure where I got that product number either…)

Good to know about sizing. Do the shoulders seem about as broad as you’re used to, then? I think of a 17 as corresponding to around a 49 cm shoulder measurement, and the charts I’m seeing for these have them closer to 47, but I know measurements can be pretty misleading

Never found them narrow - but Seiichiro will measure it up for you so you can satisfy yourself