Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

@Duke Mantee tread carefully mate... it might start with a nonchalant flat lay... but the risk is it ends with you hiring a drone or small satellite to take a Corey-style aerial shot of you in a (big) field with all your FW garb around you in a perfectly arranged circle! Phew that was a long sentence.

@MJF9, it would definitely need to be a satellite, I don’t think drones can fly high enough to get all the Duke’s FW schmutter in. It will have to attain sufficient altitude to factor in the curvature of the earth.

@shredwin_206

re: wwII models, following on from esteemed flash n the doctor...

my clunkin' thinkin'

three words: transition, transition, transition

thus they embody wabi-sabi in terms of era as well as in terms of the material...

& I personally enjoy the high waist with trimmer version of the thigh...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Ok you lot - simmer down

That isn’t my gear, that’s what FW will be issuing in the next collection. At this stage I feel merely ‘whelmed’ ... I’m getting a bit sick of the WWII fad. I do agree with @Flash , @Dr_Heech and @JMS and their individual and collective viewpoints about all the good stuff that can be enjoyed from that period of jeans making, but I’ve seen enough of it. I’m sure FW will probably recreate the designs really well but I just can’t get enthused. 

Come the time of issue I’ll probably need to search this post out again and delete it ...

My favorite is the period between the war years, what with so many new innovations and changes, that led to the perfect transition between workwear and leisure; oldtimers to newcomers. Freewheelers demonstrates this perfectly with their 1920's offerings. 

Just wish they were more affordable atm, then l wouldn't have to go elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

My favorite is the period between the war years

Yeah, I think it’s the best of times in that context ... and I guess in my particular case quite a lot of my other gear is based on styles from that era.

Edited by Duke Mantee

39 minutes ago, Flash said:

You gonna keep these deadstock ? 

Nah - that’d be a waste. Naturally they might stay ‘dead stock’ for a while ... but only until I’ve got some wear out of my other gear.

11 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

That's really a gem!

They really are. The arcs especially are such a beautiful shape.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

That's what I wanted to hear 

:happy:

never bought a piece of clothing that I didn’t want to, and then did, wear

I might call what I have a ‘collection’ but they’re not museum pieces to be kept under glass

Edited by Duke Mantee

Does anyone own one of the "aviator" pants iteration? I'm curious about the inseam length. It looks quite short on paper (28.5" or so) but on the pics at Corlection they look of normal length...

50 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Does anyone own one of the "aviator" pants iteration? I'm curious about the inseam length. It looks quite short on paper (28.5" or so) but on the pics at Corlection they look of normal length...

I’ve got them - they are short, ok for me but if you’ve a longer leg then you might be limited in how to wear them or what to wear with them