Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

16 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

^Cheers, but no diamond stitch and not rainbow stitched like my old Bootleggers contest pair? Are they an older model of 47's?

Yes these are the originals - you have a pair of ‘specials’

TBH I think these are the best levi-esque arcs on any jeans anywhere - I love the shape and how the arcs splay slightly, perfect balance. Only the lightning bolts top them but they’re unique for their own reasons.

I’ll not post this in the WAYWT thread - there might be more sensitive souls perusing. Anyway, the Duchess used to be an amateur boxer but now she’s deemed too old to fight, and then with the pandemic ‘rules’ closing gyms and whatnot she can’t even get to train ... until one of the coaches had the brilliant idea of setting up an outdoor ‘gym’ down in Victoria Park (in the area i highlighted) - perfect

F286DCE6-F138-40A3-A81F-85BE766CA56F.jpeg

so we go down and get shown up by the kids. Here I am well fucked after those stairs :sad:

gym wear.jpg

And yes I even wear FW when I’m breathing out my arse ...

FW Cotton Watch Cap, PowerWear Cut-off Hood Sweatshirt, PowerWear Heavyweight Tee, PowerWear Sweatpants, Ultima Thule Barlow Socks, Hoka One One Rincon

Edited by Duke Mantee

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

You look the part anyway

love that sweat and the angle of the pockets . think ive seen vintage Utica sweats with the same angle on the separate pocket style 

Cheers mate. It’s definitely based on old designs - the only thing I didn’t like about the sweat was FW had attached a hood and then cut it off (well more likely they sewed a piece of fabric to make it look like that) - but it looked gash, so I just unpicked it from the collar

9 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Cheers mate. It’s definitely based on old designs - the only thing I didn’t like about the sweat was FW had attached a hood and then cut it off (well more likely they sewed a piece of fabric to make it look like that) - but it looked gash, so I just unpicked it from the collar

That is a bit strange , I'm sure you've seen vintage afterhoods with the hood cut but it's a bit like a pair of distressed jeans to intentionally design it that way 

@Duke Mantee great outdoor gym... Junior and I do interval training up a very similar hill... though, because the grass has been too boggy lately, we changed to the steps in the park... it's 100m up and we do it every Monday 7.15am start before school... so you start the week on your toes <thumbs-up emoji>

What's the FW codes for that there Rocky garb?  Just when I thought I'd (nearly) run out of reasons to buy stuff...

31 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@Duke Mantee great outdoor gym... Junior and I do interval training up a very similar hill... though, because the grass has been too boggy lately, we changed to the steps in the park... it's 100m up and we do it every Monday 7.15am start before school... so you start the week on your toes <thumbs-up emoji>

What's the FW codes for that there Rocky garb?  Just when I thought I'd (nearly) run out of reasons to buy stuff...

It’s a good thing ... I’m just getting too old. The location is great though with the stairs, a big flat piece of tarmac and loads of grass area - great bit of lateral thinking.

Catalogue numbers are:

Sweatshirt #1534011

Sweatpants #1534013

T-shirt #1415001

Socks #2027004

so you can see the gear (except socks) is 5-6 years old

Can anyone shed some light on the obsession with WWII denim/details? 
it just does nothing for me. 
less cool details and things to get excited about but still pay high end FW pricing? 
An easy pass for me 

Edited by shredwin_206

For me it tells a story of the time in which it was made , all the metal and cotton restrictions in place for the war effort . 

I love the feeling I get when wearing a s501xx repro , to me it's the last time the 501xx was a piece of workwear ... suppose that the dude ranch era was the start of the transition into "fashion" but for me the the end was the introduction of the 47 model 

38 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Can anyone shed some light on the obsession with WWII denim/details? 
it just does nothing for me. 
less cool details and things to get excited about but still pay high end FW pricing? 
An easy pass for me 

As Flash has pointed out, it has more to do with the unique period in which the originals were made. 

During the war, the rapid introduction of 3 new factories in 3 years combined with dozens of new  trainee machine operators, made for some interesting mix of details and 'mistakes' which the Japanese vintage denim heads have worshipped for years.

I think the fact that the original garments' prices have skyrocketed recently just helps boost their appeal further.

As an aside, I prefer the aesthetic of denim jackets with 4 buttons, instead of 5. I also love the laurel wreath buttons dearly.

I do think the wonky stitching ordeal, when mass-produced to be identically wonky, is vain and crass even. 

That said, the shade of blue achieved (usually) on the ww2 denim, across all the brands that do it, always seems to have a beautiful muted blue hue that I also love. 

To each their own I say!