Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Anyone know who is shipping Freewheelers to US right now? I’m trying to order the lot 601xx 1947 in size 34. McFly said no because they will only use EMS... Mirror Ball is out of stock in that size. Waiting to hear back from Genco. Those are the only shops I’ve ever ordered Freewheelers from. 

8 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

^ Aviator vest is £505 new or £495 second hand as listed :huh2:

Their pricing is all over the place!

I check them out quite often and have scored a couple of things I've been after for a while at a decent price but more often than not the prices just make no sense 

3 hours ago, Jeef1 said:

Anyone know who is shipping Freewheelers to US right now? I’m trying to order the lot 601xx 1947 in size 34. McFly said no because they will only use EMS... Mirror Ball is out of stock in that size. Waiting to hear back from Genco. Those are the only shops I’ve ever ordered Freewheelers from. 

All the Japanese stockists are in the same situation - unless you want to pay big bucks ... which I wouldn’t imagine you do?

Both UPS and FedEx would charge around ¥20,000 - 30,000 to deliver your jeans from Japan (completely different prices are available to business accounts and volume shippers). That’s nearly 10x what EMS would charge and unfortunately that’s who the great majority are set up to deal with.

Edited by Duke Mantee

These are for sale - all size 40, all in the best of condition.

I don’t have prices in mind but I do know what they’re worth. If you are interested and have a fair offer for any of them then message me. No lowballers, chisellers or folks who suddenly have huge motoring fines they’d forgotten about need apply.

for sale.jpg

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, and just joined; here is my first post! 

I bought this last year from Denimio on sale, and I have maybe 4 months of actual, casual wear on it, and I just gave it a second hot soak.

As I' sure many of you know, this denim fades really slow. I've learned you have to wash this sparingly to get good contrast.

The second photo captures the color best, although it's more 'purple' in person. 

Cheers! 

FW11.jpg

FW13.jpg

FW14.jpg

28 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@JMS Welcome! Keep posting.

Noticed the cuffs - are the arms on the long side?

Not at all! I am a 40 in most things, this is a 42, and the arms land just at my wrists (considering I have shorter arms, I think they nailed it) 

The cut is fairly exact - nice and boxy.

That said I'm still on the hunt for a type1/type2 with a shorter (authentic) length.  

FW is better than most in that regard, much better than TCB et al. To each their own though!

Cheers!

2 hours ago, JMS said:

Not at all! I am a 40 in most things, this is a 42, and the arms land just at my wrists (considering I have shorter arms, I think they nailed it) 

The cut is fairly exact - nice and boxy.

That said I'm still on the hunt for a type1/type2 with a shorter (authentic) length.  

FW is better than most in that regard, much better than TCB et al. To each their own though!

Cheers!

What’s the tag number, is it #1821022 (I think that was what Denimio was selling)? If so, that’s the longer version of the two 507XX FW make.

Edited by Duke Mantee

39 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

What’s the tag number, is it #1821022 (I think that was what Denimio was selling)? If so, that’s the longer version of the two 507XX FW make.

Shoot. Yessir, that is indeed the lot #. I had no idea they made two different lengths! 

How much shorter is the other? I'd be interested in picking up the shorter version now that I know that.

Man, you really are the FW guru! ;)