Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

15 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Nice jacket. I saw it on Hoosier's IG this morning if I'm not mistaken. What is it? Precursor to the N-1?

Yeh - cheeky sod that he is ... well, it might be my jacket but it’s his camera :biggrin:

I don’t know if it was the precursor to the N-1 exactly, but this style of deck jacket was definitely an early type. I’m sure they were actually just modified tanker jackets.

^l have the Buzz version @Duke Mantee and it's based on the first version of the USN deck jacket c.1942.

It does look similar to the tanker jacket, although it doesn't have those sets of 'folds' (darts?) in the back panel, tbh l can hardly tell the difference either.

And yes it was the precursor of the hook deck jacket and the N-1.

Edited by Dr_Heech

2 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

^l have the Buzz version @Duke Mantee and it's based on the first version of the USN deck jacket c.1942.

It does look similar to the tanker jacket, although it doesn't have those sets of 'folds' (darts?) in the back panel, tbh l can hardly tell the difference either.

And yes it was the precursor of the hook deck jacket and the N-1.

Thanks Doc - ’action back’ is the phrase you want.

You can see how similar the tanker and deck jackets are since you’ve got the BR - a great jacket

Here’s a few on my (short sleeve) t-shirts with prints. Enjoy the variety while you can, because the plain variety are a shit load harder to make ‘interesting’ ... and there’s a lot more of them :sad:

A point to note here - these pics are NOT flat-lay by the very dint of them being on a dummy (not the one typing this), however the forthcoming trousers medley most likely could be classified as flat-lay so please keep your complaints until then to avoid being told to fuck off twice ... :dry:

Anyway:

Freewheelers PowerWear War Movie Collection ‘Rainbird’; Ashy Brown #1545100

rainbird.jpg