Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

2 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

I'm actually tempted by that jacket. I'm in the market for another winter jacket but it's hard to justify when I have an IH N1 already. :ph34r2:

I'd rather have the warm up coat though but the sizing totally fuck me on that one.

Variations on a theme if you have an N-1

What’s the issue with the Warm Up - shoulders?

Edited by Duke Mantee

On 10/5/2020 at 3:31 AM, Duke Mantee said:

Speed Daemon, Kesey and Conductors c/w Tender + Lofgren

6A230371-6ECD-4988-82E1-7AB8D4E5B5C2.jpeg

... mostly to show the conductor trousers in a ‘truer’ light

this burgundy speed daemon is the only fw piece i came close to kopping. still like it. is it lightweight (for me it's better if it is)?

1 minute ago, oomslokop said:

this burgundy speed daemon is the only fw piece i came close to kopping. still like it. is it lightweight (for me it's better if it is)?

Yep it’s quite a light jacket ooms 

Unlined, but a tightly woven fabric. No warmer to wear than any denim jacket, albeit a bit more wind proof

On 9/13/2020 at 1:15 PM, Duke Mantee said:

Blowing a gale outside, but a least it’s not raining. So all I can oblige is an indoor shot - FW 20’s tux and tee, White’s boots fresh from sunny Italy thanks to @volvo240thebest ... I got them free with one of his CDs

I’m still arsing about with cuffs - will I won’t I and if I do what size. Fashion is so stressful.

909DDD37-A221-4F37-8C2D-D9261C2257AE.jpeg

Very good.

Did you soak the jacket or get the one-wash version?

I normally wear 42 in FW jackets, some even 44. But I got the 506XX (40s version) a few years ago in raw in 38 and they fit well in a snug way.

I wanted to avoid the soak/shrink guessing game, but also wanted to have the raw denim. Though the ow ones are probably quite gentle.

29 minutes ago, indigoeagle said:

Very good.

Did you soak the jacket or get the one-wash version?

I normally wear 42 in FW jackets, some even 44. But I got the 506XX (40s version) a few years ago in raw in 38 and they fit well in a snug way.

I wanted to avoid the soak/shrink guessing game, but also wanted to have the raw denim. Though the ow ones are probably quite gentle.

Thank you

One wash - apart from the very rare example it doesn’t matter a jot to me about ‘raw’ - it’s the same denim. I’m a 40 normally, perhaps a 42 in a really trim cut - but there’s no way I could wear a 38 in any of the 506XX

8 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Thank you

One wash - apart from the very rare example it doesn’t matter a jot to me about ‘raw’ - it’s the same denim. I’m a 40 normally, perhaps a 42 in a really trim cut - but there’s no way I could wear a 38 in any of the 506XX

I had seen some OW-versions, that were pretty 'messed up' compared with the raw ones many years ago. Can't remember what brand it was.

I think, that was the reasoning behind my purchase of the raw one.

I have a number of OW ones now and they are indeed more or less the same.

Interesting with the sizing: I got the Hemingway and Westighouse in 44, fitting well. The A1 in 44, too. The Brakeman in 42, a bit tight.

But the 506XX in 38 I can wear. I just can't wash it, only dry-clean ;-)

Edited by indigoeagle

33 minutes ago, indigoeagle said:

I had seen some OW-versions, that were pretty 'messed up' compared with the raw ones many years ago. Can't remember what brand it was.

I think, that was the reasoning behind my purchase of the raw one.

I have a number of OW ones now and they are indeed more or less the same.

Interesting with the sizing: I got the Hemingway and Westighouse in 44, fitting well. The A1 in 44, too. The Brakeman in 42, a bit tight.

But the 506XX in 38 I can wear. I just can't wash it, only dry-clean ;-)

That’s a big range of sizes/fits - I’d be interested in some fit pics if you could oblige 

I'm looking at getting the Neal in black pepper chambray as I'd very much like a dark chambray and right now it's between this and the ELMC. I'm however a bit confused about the sizing. I've looked at the measurements over at Klamp and the 17 looks perfect pre wash which makes me believe I should go for the 17.5 and just wash the shit out of it it's too big after an initial wash. Would this be the way to go? The only answer I can get out of them is that it will "shrink greatly with wash" so that's not a lot to go on.

2 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

I'm looking at getting the Neal in black pepper chambray as I'd very much like a dark chambray and right now it's between this and the ELMC. I'm however a bit confused about the sizing. I've looked at the measurements over at Klamp and the 17 looks perfect pre wash which makes me believe I should go for the 17.5 and just wash the shit out of it it's too big after an initial wash. Would this be the way to go? The only answer I can get out of them is that it will "shrink greatly with wash" so that's not a lot to go on.

I'm selling a FW NC black pepper chambray in 17 right now and some other FW pieces.

You can check the details at denimbro in the market.

45 minutes ago, indigoeagle said:

I'm selling a FW NC black pepper chambray in 17 right now and some other FW pieces.

You can check the details at denimbro in the market.

Thanks for that - that does indeed look a little small. Would you mind disclosing how it's been washed?