Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

@Duke Mantee that 20s combo is looking spot on mate...

Just 45 degrees and 90 degrees clockwise turns should do the trick to get that curved pocket it for the next picture installment :)

I hope the locals appreciate them smaller buttons as much we as do

Thanks buddy, tbh no-one gives a flying f-ck what I wear up in this part of the country, so button details and denim quality is immaterial,  and that suits just fine. Have to say I’m really liking the leg wear cut more than I thought, nice loose fit as overalls should be.

I’ll do some outdoor posing showing off my ‘curves’ when this bloody gale calms itself ... my tripod and camera would be in the North Sea if I tried today

Edited by Duke Mantee

31 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

^^ same down here mate... the other day I went out in 20s jeans and 40s denim jacket - in other words a complete mismatch - and nobody batted an eyelid :)

Bastards ... after all that effort you made :laugh2:

6 minutes ago, smoothsailor said:

Tux looks great Duke , 

i,m making the wierdest combo,s all i gett is a stare noe and again

Thanks Paul - people are probably staring at how cool you look

47 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

'Nice loose fit as overalls should be'

Duke, please can you describe the fit around the top block. Do the legs drape more than the 37s?

Would be interested to hear more thoughts ...

The 22s are straight through the leg Doc. My 39s (not 37s) are relaxed fit and have a very slight taper to the hem from the knee. Also the 22s are a little bit over 34” in the waist (new) whereas my 39s are 33” (worn and therefore stretched) - both are tagged 33 which is my preferred FW 601xx size.

Both the 22s and 39s are similar in front and back rise, the 22s are about ½” longer.

Usually you get a bit of hip flare with FW 601xx (because the waist is nipped in slightly) - not the case with the 22s

@Dr_Heech Doc, you’ve asked a few questions about the 20s tux, but you’re the expert here - what would you want me to describe and/or demonstrate specifically?

As yet I haven’t really done anything other than take a few quick snaps - I seem to have so little time at the moment despite not working (or that’s the feeling I have), but I think a little bit of focus will remedy that.

I've never owned any Freewheelers, but Im really digging the sag harbor shirt.

I always have trouble sizing for Japanese brands, I checked McFly online store and I feel I am between sizes.

Would you guys suggest going a size up or size down?

22 minutes ago, olmecasteve said:

I always have trouble sizing for Japanese brands, I checked McFly online store and I feel I am between sizes.

I'm the same, between the whole sizes in Freewheelers. I always size up a half because I can wash + carefully dry if I need to shrink it a bit, but if it's too small, there's nothing you can do and you're stuck with a $300 shirt that doesn't really fit...

8 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

@Dr_Heech Doc, you’ve asked a few questions about the 20s tux, but you’re the expert here - what would you want me to describe and/or demonstrate specifically?

As yet I haven’t really done anything other than take a few quick snaps - I seem to have so little time at the moment despite not working (or that’s the feeling I have), but I think a little bit of focus will remedy that.

You've done enough @Duke thanks mate. Just trying to live vicariously through you and your wonderful purchases :laugh:

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

You've done enough @Duke thanks mate. Just trying to live vicariously through you and your wonderful purchases :laugh:

Lol

well I was thinking about some real detail but if you’re happy ...

@shredwin_206 asked me to compare early and later Type I, so I might have a go at that shortly

4 hours ago, olmecasteve said:

4 hours ago, persco_ said:

I'm the same, between the whole sizes in Freewheelers. I always size up a half because I can wash + carefully dry if I need to shrink it a bit, but if it's too small, there's nothing you can do and you're stuck with a $300 shirt that doesn't really fit...

It’s tough when you feel you’re in between sizes in any brand/item. For me the question has always came down to approach, and what you think is a fit. If it’s a shirt I don’t overly focus on chest measurements and look more at the collar fit. I feel there’s a bit of of a disjunction in looking towards a ‘fitted work shirt’.

That said I don’t find FW shirts to be difficult in fit - they’re not as petit or narrow as some Japanese brands, but still they are primarily made for the Japanese market. If you feel there’s a risk in Japanese sizing generally then unfortunately you’ll not find FW much different.

My big criticism of FW is they aren’t good at describing shrinkage and that can be a risk if you’re not familiar with their approach.

Thank you. I just checked and they have T-shirt’s for 150 quid.

I mean a white T-shirt 100% gold, I mean cotton.

do people really buy those?

i understand jeans jackets shoes shirts etc that are excellent quality design durability etc etc but a regular T-shirt is something I don’t understand. 

9 minutes ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

No love for Filson or that flannel stuff. Ok.

oh I just realised this is not the nonsense thread. Sorry lads.

Getting quite a lot of your threads mixed up - but that aside, if it’s a Filson shirt it’ll be decent, and that’s good value at €20

@shredwin_206

A broad comparison as you requested - early model on top

1. Buttons are smaller (same size at Lot 601xx fly buttons approx) and are not branded but painted including back tack/rivet

2. Yoke is deeper 

3. Sleeve is wider (about an inch at the pit) and shorter (about the width of the cuff)

4. Cuff is wider

5. Placket is wider

6. Cinch is unpainted

7. Collar is shorter and cut square rather than peak

8. Corner stitch is not ‘star stitch’ as FW describe it

9. Fine sewing pitch

P1000959_DxO.jpg

P1000983_DxO.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee