Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

3 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

... are you absolutely sure about that? :sleep:

Yep. After the first factory burned down there was only one factory making 501's until the 1940's. The Frankfort factory was leased to make the kids coveralls range only during the 1920's, if that is what you are inferring?

4 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Yep. After the first factory burned down there was only one factory making 501's until the 1940's. The Frankfort factory was leased to make the kids coveralls range only during the 1920's, if that is what you are inferring?

No mate - it was just a bit more of this

39 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

^^Just crank the handle buddy, I'm game :P

:laugh2:

Lol. You're using two different measuring tapes but l guess it's as scientific as it's gonna get.

Really looking forward to more convo in the show and tell, when it happens :ph34r:

[Edit sorry hit trash rep. Never used it before so thought l'd give it a whirl]

Edited by Dr_Heech
Hitting trash rep button, whatever that is

The 1922s are my jeans still in Japan and the 39s are obviously here at home with me - that’s the reason for two tapes - but I doubt two different tapes are going to yield a massive difference. Also the leather patches are the same size which gives you a guide. As it stands there’s a good quarter inch difference.

The funny thing is it was Seiichiro who pointed out the belt loop sizes when he’d got the details, so the question was answered then, and properly you then raised the detail when you were dating the jeans.

The pics also (accidentally) demonstrate the finer sewing pitch on the 22s

Edited by Duke Mantee

Hey Good People of this forum @Duke Mantee @Broark notably: on this 1927 jean jacket mentioned lately: I don't presently own any FW: do you size up if you're between sizes?  I'm roughly 179 cm tall weigh 75 kg (size 32/33 in jeans) normal (broad shoulders) and I've measured all my jackets etc and fall between 38,40.  Just if you wouldn't mind giving me your two cents please on this. Duke you're 179 tall is that right I read that somewhere what size would you position yourself at? 

7 hours ago, thedapperdane said:

Hey Good People of this forum @Duke Mantee @Broark notably: on this 1927 jean jacket mentioned lately: I don't presently own any FW: do you size up if you're between sizes?  I'm roughly 179 cm tall weigh 75 kg (size 32/33 in jeans) normal (broad shoulders) and I've measured all my jackets etc and fall between 38,40.  Just if you wouldn't mind giving me your two cents please on this. Duke you're 179 tall is that right I read that somewhere what size would you position yourself at? 

I’m 178 and closer to 85kg and 32/33 in FW jeans and trousers - and I’ve got a size 40 in the 1927. I’m nearly always a size 40 in FW jackets - 38 is generally too small for me across the chest and if the jacket is cut trim I can wear a 42, albeit not my first choice.

Worthless without pics, I know, but I just received a 506xx in the mail... someone local selling BNWT in my size (44) for about $USD 300... man. I have some fine denim, but FW is in a class of its own. Was after something to take the pressure off my well-worn LVC 555 506xx, but this jacket could well supplant it, on first impression. The weight and irregularity of the denim is greater – couple of extra inches in the length, which I was not looking for, but it turns out it allows for better proportions in details such as yoke position, pocket placement (larger and more central) and drape of pleat. I think @Duke Mantee has an earlier iteration of this jacket (probably several.. heh); I seem to remember seeing a comparison he posted on DB a good while back of 506 & 507xx

17 minutes ago, mondo said:

Worthless without pics, I know, but I just received a 506xx in the mail... someone local selling BNWT in my size (44) for about $USD 300... man. I have some fine denim, but FW is in a class of its own. Was after something to take the pressure off my well-worn LVC 555 506xx, but this jacket could well supplant it, on first impression. The weight and irregularity of the denim is greater – couple of extra inches in the length, which I was not looking for, but it turns out it allows for better proportions in details such as yoke position, pocket placement (larger and more central) and drape of pleat. I think @Duke Mantee has an earlier iteration of this jacket (probably several.. heh); I seem to remember seeing a comparison he posted on DB a good while back of 506 & 507xx

I’m so glad you’re pleased with it - I’ve said it before but I think it’s worth repeating, FW are quite neglected, in relative terms, when it comes to denim. Because of the extent of their catalogue I don’t think the market outside of Japan sees them as a serious denim manufacturer.

I didn’t bother with the ‘43 506XX - I think the fad on WWII designs is just that, and although it’s fun seeing brands produce their take on war economy design for once a FW product didn’t inspire - but yeah, I have all the rest in the first version lengths. What’s the tag number on yours?

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

I’m so glad you’re pleased with it - I’ve said it before but I think it’s worth repeating, FW are quite neglected, in relative terms, when it comes to denim. Because of the extent of their catalogue I don’t think the market outside of Japan sees them as a serious denim manufacturer.

I didn’t bother with the ‘43 506XX - I think the fad on WWII designs is just that, and although it’s fun seeing brands produce their take on war economy design for once a FW product didn’t inspire - but yeah, I have all the rest in the first version lengths. What’s the tag number on yours?

tag says "1940 - Brand: The Vanishing West - Type: Lot 506xx - Lot: 2021001 - Color: 14oz Indigo Denim - Size: 44"

Couldn't fit better if it had been tailor made!

Edited by mondo

17 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

^ ha ha I was just about to ask if he got off with it!!

Edit - btw top rig out OO... that could turn out to be a long loan from Duke...

... then he’s not getting the quid deposit back :angry2:

46 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Looking smart for a change...

You don’t do often, but you do it well

6 hours ago, Flash said:

You up in court ? 

knew he was always up to something in his 'workshop'. all those stories of junkies 'accidentally' perusing his loo, finding them half-dead right outside his shop. and meanwhile affording his expensive vintage sugar cane importing hobby by producing obscure wooden handmade shoe-stretching contraption? nah, never bought it. what a pretty criminal.