Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

9 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Hey Caps, hows the old denim collection going? i remember you having a pair of Porky's? any chance of an update in the unknown JP thread?.. also do you still have the old Nylon war model?

I do have lots of old denim. But I ended up sold most of them because of the force of nature. :D If I can't fit into the jeans I just sold them. I don't like to collect.

I do own a pair of NYLON FN087 WW2 model but I can't remember if I sold them or not, either way they still be new. I think volvo owns the Porky's, not me.

Edited by Capsicum Fried Meat

4 hours ago, Broark said:

Questions I have are: will I be able to find one in a 46 and how much will it hurt my wallet? 

That’s a lot of detail about a item that may or may not exist ...

Hypothetically speaking a 46 would be a possibility at an estimated $2500

25 minutes ago, Broark said:

Yeah...I don't think I could spend that kind of money without being able to try it on first.
Would hate to go through with that and it not fit right. :wacko:

I know a guy that sent his own jacket nearly 6000 miles to another guy he’d never met so this other guy could try it on ...

Edited by Duke Mantee

Maybe I'll take a trip to Japan (whenever all this cools down...which doesn't seem to be anytime soon stateside) and make it to Desolation Row.
From what I've seen size 46 leather jackets are hard to track down since there are few of them made to begin with.
Plus I would have to really think about spending that much cash on something I couldn't wear for a large portion of the year. If I lived somewhere colder it would be easier to justify.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably the first time I’ve had all my FW clothes together under the same roof. It took a clandestine visit to a remote location and a re-make of the spare room ... and then it turned out I still don’t have enough fekin space :sad:   But anyway here’s a couple of pics with most of it, there are jeans folded up away in another cupboard and you might be able to peek into where the lamp is to see I had to leave the back of the wardrobe off to access an old built in cupboard which gave me about another 1.5m of hanging after I put in some twin wall shelving/rails

Untitled.jpg