Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

18 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@Duke Mantee amazing collection... thanks for posting it.  Do you plan to keep adding at the same level, slow down, stop now or just go with the flow?  Was curious to see where it goes, loads of great outfits here.         

Thanks buddy

I didn’t really have a plan and I guess I still don’t.  Partly I’m documenting for myself - I’ve put together a loose history of FW and I’m assembling a database of all their products.

But there’s still a couple of dozen shirts and about the same in coats and jackets to go, then there’s about 4 dozen+ trousers/jeans, 3 dozen tees, a dozen of vests and the same in sweats as well as shorts and a load of accessories (caps, gloves etc).

Some of my gear is elsewhere at the moment and not accessible because of the lockdown so I’ll need to slow down just because of that but I think there might be those that were interested originally that are now getting a bit tired of this ... it might be informative but it’s a bit ‘dry’

I guess it’s down to the good people here. If I’ve bored the tits off you I won’t be offended to be told that ...

I was hoping you'd keep going with posting your collection mate.  Always great to see and appreciated and would be interested in the FW history too.

I should have been clearer - was curious about if you plan new purchases to add to your collection or have you reached a point where you're going to slow down or stop.   

There’s definitely two new items to be added soon enough - but unemployment has curtailed much else at the moment.

Beyond that though I think there’s less and less to add. I’m seeing repetition of fabrics or styles or parts of clothing and I feel less inclined to go after that. Probably I’ll continue to hunt down what I think are classic pieces but definitely I’m slowing down ... I don’t even have space anymore ever since we had Ellie - it’s not fair :sad: 

Apropos of nothing really but was it Foxy who mentioned the finishing on the neck of sweats? This original Wilson shows what (I think) he mentioned re. FW collars

1. An original 40’s Wilson sweat

C5F278F1-607D-4765-9723-84E60347D1CC.jpeg

2. My FW 1940s Style Set-In Sleeve Sweat Shirt

13EEAA02-7B8E-44F6-8BB8-08A896D31A9A.jpeg

3. Full view of the original Wilson

A31DBCBA-8A54-4D28-9727-F368DC929DD9.jpeg

4. An image pinched from McFly because I couldn’t be bothered to iron my sweat before photographing :blush2:

91C54FDE-6DE8-4AF4-9FDE-5466F5F608DA.jpeg

... anyway, I’m not sure that ‘copying’ this type of detail is good or bad ... it’s all a bit Lefty v. CSF - who the f-ck actually knows how the public will respond :laugh2:

Edited by Duke Mantee

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the hiatus. So here’s another little batch - all PowerWear (sweats/knits) along with a sub Label or two. I tried these pics using natural light, I think they lack consistency but they’ll still give you the idea ...

Barnstormers ‘Big Sur’, Zippered Front Trekker’s Vest, Andean Wool (Alpaca), Indigo

0000000 Bo’s.jpg