Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

7 minutes ago, Broark said:

Not sure I get the reference Doc. :D

Daughter of Elvis. She married Michael Jackson. Jackson coat. And Michael Jackson said 'Hee hee' alot, or was it just some twisted brit tv show? Don't worry, it's just me (Doc) who's probably been self isolating for too long.

Anyway, l find it amusing generally some of the names of FW products. Brown Steamed donkeys gets me every time..

:blink2:

A couple of non-Freewheelers (but still Freewheelers :blink:) - the first is one of my long time favourites 

Barnstormers 1910s Baseball Style Warm-up Sweater, Wool 70%/Cotton 30% Beach Cloth, Rust Orange  #J12-03RO

J12-03RO  Barnstormer.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee

On 5/21/2020 at 11:49 AM, JDelage said:

@Duke Mantee - How do you find the Brakeman & Journeyman? How do they differ when you wear them?

They don’t differ much at all if it’s feel you’re asking - and clearly there’s quite a difference in style, although fundamentally they are very similar coats.

The fit is similar across the shoulders and chest but the journeyman is a little bit more a-line. Deerskin feels more supple when it’s new but the horsehide becomes very soft after a bit of wear, however it’s the lining that you feel (or impacts the feel) when wearing a jacket so I don’t think the shell matters as much as many would like to believe.

That’s not to say it doesn’t matter whether you buy horse, deer or any other leather because obviously they have their own characteristics - the grain, colour etc. are all important for the look.

I (probably - but it might depend on the day) prefer the brakeman, because I feel the pocket flaps on the journeyman make a big statement about the style. However, my mates think the brakeman looks 70s drug dealer/pimp so I guess it depends on whose eyes are doing the looking :laugh:

Edited by Duke Mantee

Does the 601XX denim gets fully shrunk after a good wash, or is it one of those fabrics (looking at you, black seed cone!) that shrinks over several washes? Wondering if I should get my pair hemmed right away or wait a few more cycles...

I've tried blasting my '43s in the wash several times to get more shrink in the inseam, hasn't really happened.
They were purchased one washed and did not really shrink much more in the inseam (unfortunately). 

2 minutes ago, JDelage said:

OK. Mines are unwashed so I think they'll shrink this one time, but it sounds like I can safely hem them afterwards. Thank you.

The unwashed I’d suggest to wash twice to be sure - compare the unwashed to washed size charts

9 hours ago, lefty said:

The cinch on the FW pulls the belt loops - which are inextricably and inexplicably sewn over the cinch, making it look like they really ran out of room for all of the ornaments they wanted to pack on. 

The front pocket would be partly blocked by a belt due to the bizarre design. 

Shame. The denim looks great. 

6BE57693-AD00-4198-99EA-1A8AD926743E.thumb.jpeg.585115d4f3b699a68f1e12a4f7eea271.jpeg9E919123-74E4-42C6-ACB2-E3DE9C0405E7.thumb.jpeg.5fa83945573eb733146239ceaf2d26fc.jpeg

Those are based on these (but I’m sure with some FW standard parts):

Boss of the Road Painter Pants

D32C0D44-A61F-4853-A838-1D736BE8A07B.jpeg

78CC1FF1-63B4-4D19-870F-C3520B519CB8.jpeg